We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Louisiana
Level Contributor
214 posts
65 reviews
Weather

Hi all. We're flying in tomorrow. Wondering what the weather is like; the report states thunderstorms all week with airport delays. Is there truth to this?

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Weather

Ha ha, sounds like the weather sites have changed to their "summer forecast". No truth to this at all. The last thunderstorm - or storm of any sort - we had was some time back in October. There was a bit of marine cloud visible this morning but it has burned off, few puffy clouds way far away over the hills but all clear skies over Barra. It was a bit humid Monday and Tuesday but it is not today. Temp on the patio right now is about 83F or 28C the thermometer is right next to this web cam http://www.casademarco.com/English/vebcam.htm so you can see how nice the weather is.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
214 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Weather

Hey Nan, you're a dear. I thought so. Why do they do that for Mexico's weather? Anyway, it sounds and looks delightful!!! We are so looking forward to exploring the Costalgre.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: Weather

I don't know why they do it but every year sometime in May they all seem to put up the thunderstorm icon and then take it down again sometime in November.

Bit of high, thin, wispy, white marine cloud still visible today about 1:00 pm. Temp poolside about 82F and 28C again, bit more humidity today probably due to the marine cloud, but not so humid that you really notice it.

San Francisco
5 posts
4. Re: Weather

Hey Nan, I'm going to be vacationing in Barra from October 10th to the 18th.... what kind of weather am I in store for?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: Weather

Hard to say, depends on what blows in off the Pacific - much like San Francisco. In general though it will be hot and humid. Even when it rains it normally doesn't do so for more than a day at a time, if a really big system goes by or comes in we might get two days of rain. We normally get our last big storm of the rainy season between the 20th and 26th of October so you'll still be in the possibility of rain zone.

6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad