We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalows in Melaque

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Bungalows in Melaque

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Los Arcos Bungalows or the Playas Del paraiso Bungalows.

We are looking for a month accomodations in Melaque, something with a balcony or patio, and reasonable... any suggestions.

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

I assume that you saw the listings for both on the costalegre.ca site? If not go to http://www.costalegre.ca and choose San Patrico - Melaque and then Bungalows for a very complete listing of what is available in Melaque.

I have never been in the Los Arcos Bungalows but I do know that they are in the business area of Melaque, just down from Banamex across the street from the beach. As I recall they are right across the street from Club Nautico Dorado which is right on the beach. There is easy beach access from there and they have a pool.

I don't know the Playas Del Paraiso Bungalows at all but they don't appear to be on the beach either. They are over in West Melaque where you would also have easy beach access, I am guessing it would only be a couple of blocks to the beach from there but you would be further from the larger grocery stores etc. that you would find close at the other location. The costalegre.ca site says that Del Paraiso have a pool too but there is no photo of it as there is with the Los Arcos listing.

I don't know what you consider to be reasonable for cost so it is difficult to make a recommendation. There are for example many places right on the beach some cost more that those off the beach and some do not. The Vista Hermosa, Club Verano, Bungalows Azteca, Bungalows Felipe and Bungalows Laguna del Tule have very reasonable prices and they are right on the beach. The Bungalows Pacifico have some units on the beach and others off the beach and they are also what I would call reasonable.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Thank you for the reply. I have been on the Costa site and that is where I got the attention of the ones that I had mentioned. As there was not much information or pictures I thought I would ask if anyone knew these places.

As far as cost goes we would like to spend between 500-700 a month. We are not high maintenance people but do like clean and a bungalow with a balcony or patio.

The Vista Hermosa do not have anything available for January. I e.mailed Bungalows Azteca but haven't heard anything yet. Laguna del Tule are also full. So I will try the Bungalows Felipe also. I am still waiting to hear from Bungalows Pacifico.

Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Another option off the beach in your price range, clean and well run and also set into beautiful private grounds with pool and view of the laguna del tule (the actual lagoon not the hotel) are the non-smoking Villas Xochipilli http://www.villaxochipilli.com/

This place is very clean, private and well run located in Villa Obregon (east side of Melaque) about 3 blocks from the beach but the grounds are so nice you may not want to go to the beach.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

You are right the pictures look so good, I contacted them and they to have no availability in January! I am not having much luck. We changed our dates to January from February thinking that it would be easier to get a place in Jan for the month. We may have to just bus it there and try and find something when we arrive. I use to love to do this, but now that I am older.... I like the have a place waiting for me.. I will keep trying, any more suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

I am not sure of the monthly rates on these ones as they have 5 different properties and different suites available within that. What I am sure of is that they are clean, well run and well maintained. The two Camino del Mar and the Ocean Village properties are on the beach with pools. Villas Bernice is at the beach, no pool but nice gardens. The other Alvanelly is across the street from the beach, all of the properties are around each other right on the border of San Patricio and Villa Obregon. http://www.tomzap.com/villasCDM.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Here is another one I can highly recomment Casa Salamandra. They have a great restaurant too!

http://www.villasalamandra.com/main.html

Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Thanks again!! I have e.mailed the ones you suggested on the 10:27 post. Villas Bernice etc.

Villas Salamandar, I had contacted earlier last week and they do not have anything for January or February.

You have been a great help.

Cheers

Sharon

Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

I am asking for some advice again! I heard from Bungalows Pacifico - they have a bungalow available and the price was right for a month, I would like to know if anyone has stayed there and can let me know what they were like.

Also heard from Hotel de legazpi and was wondering what they were like.

I have seen the pictures on the Costa site and they both look great for us, but I am just wondering if all the rooms look like the pictures?

I need help in decision making please!

Cheers Sharon.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Hi Sharon.

I have been inside some of the Bungalows at Bungalows Pacifico but none of the beach side ones. There is the main complex around the pool and then across the street in a line so that the last one is actually on the beach but not facing it are 5 more but they are a different style than the other ones in the main complex and from the outside they do look smaller to me. The main complex bungalows are arranged two per building - one on each side. You can see the difference in appearance between these and the beach side ones on the Costalegre.ca site in the photos. I know that the ones over in the main part have separate bedrooms butif Mario is saying that the other ones have two rooms then it is probably a separate bedroom with a kitchen/sala (living room) arrangement. Unfortunately they are way over in Melaque or I'd pop in for you and have a look - but I am in Barra and I just can't get away to get over there.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bungalows in Melaque

Thanks for the advice - I was hoping that the bungalows looked like the pictures on the Costa site.

I will try and clarify the size before I rent, would like the separate bedroom. It just looked a little more private on the ocean side.

Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad