We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible late arrival in Barra. Drinking water

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Northern Minnesota
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Possible late arrival in Barra. Drinking water

We are flying to Manzanillo from the frozen north, scheduled to arrive at airport at 6:30 pm Saturday January 26. If plane is delayed until late in the evening and the taxi gets us to Hotel Barra at midnight or early Sunday morning will we still be able to check into our room?

Is there a water purifacation system used by the resturants and hotels in Bara. Safe to drink the water, use ice from ice machines and eat fresh salads?

Also, I have not been able to receive a confirmation of my reservation at Hotel Barra (ocean side and king size bed) due to language differences. Any suggestions?

Thank you. I visited Barra for a day, 3 years ago, and so much looking forward to spending a week.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible late arrival in Barra. Drinking water

Ice used in hotels and restaurants comes from the ice factory who use purified water, likewise restaurants will use purified water when serving you and they all disinfect vegetables before serving them.

I should think that the hotel would have someone on duty into the early morning hours as it would be common for them to have guests returning to their rooms at bar closing time which is after 2 am.

2. Re: Possible late arrival in Barra. Drinking water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad