We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Blanco Hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Blanco Hotel

We are thinking of going to this area for the first time...if we decide to go with Cabo Blanco it would also be our first Non AI.

Realize there is not much 'traffic' on this forum but hope to get a few answers.

1. Is it possible to get a mini fridge in your room?

2.Are you able to get ice? Either a machine or at bar

3. What are your options for safe drinking water? Any water coolers? Or will we be able to get water at the bar?

4. What are food and beverage prices ( roughly ) at the hotel?

5. We would be booking a package deal with Sunwing...will there be any additional fees not included in our package?

6. The Sunwing site does not mention Wifi , but when I read hotel descriptions on other sites most mention Wifi included. Any Sunwing customers know if Wifi is included?

Thanks and happy travels !

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

You know C.B. isn't on the beach and the beach of the area is not a particularly nice swimming beach due to steepness. The town has plenty of restaurants so no need at all to dine at C.B. Going non A.I. opens a lot of opportunities in a lot of destinations that are worth discovering.

London Ontario
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

We stayed there last year and the year before and quite enjoyed it. We borrowed a Styrofoam cooler from hotel and bought ice from them, likely around $2 a bag I think, so it worked for our purposes, I think they also will rent you a fridge, but if it is just for cold beer the cooler works fine. There was a big water jug in the restaurant that you could fill your glass up, or can buy a bottle of water from them. The maids leave 2 bottles for brushing teeth each day. You can also buy 6 or so at a time at the Oxxo store nearby and put in your cooler, much cheaper than at the hotel. Food and drink prices at hotel were a bit higher than in town, but convenient and not outrageous at all. I think a club sandwich worked out to be about $5 cdn or something similar. Beer is free for a few hours late in afternoon/early evening. Breakfast is included, menu is more of a Mexican style, but if you ask them to do something different they will. We didn't pay anything extra with Sunwing, included luggage, taxes, room, breakfast and transportation to and from the airport, no surprises. I suggest you bring some pesos with you to get started, and use the ATM at the airport, sometimes the one in Barra is broken or out of cash. You can take a cheap bus ride to Melaque to use ATM there if needed. Wifi was included, in the restaurant and lobby, didn't have in the room last year, but may have changed. If you aren't high maintenance and want to eat in local restaurants for a great meal, I found it really enjoyable. Very peaceful and quiet, not over run with people. Good luck!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

Thank you for the replies.

We are aware that the hotel is not beach front and the beaches are steep.

Sounds like a very relaxing place-may need lots of books!

Will be fun to try some local restaurants .

Thank you for addressing what is included with Sunwing and answering my other questions as well.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

We stayed last year...liked it...had to walk a big to town..felt safe all the time..

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

Have been back about a week.

We loved it .... a real gem !

Clean , quiet , great staff and an amazing breakfast.

Wifi was included ( room and common areas).

Enjoyed the non AI and found some wonderful places in town with great food.

So glad we picked Cabo Blanco 😀

6. Re: Cabo Blanco Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, April 02, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Barra de Navidad