We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sicilian Heritage

Which Casteldaccia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Sicilian Heritage

Vagabonda

With all the comun talk about Torchiara, I certainly haven't forgotten, But who do I get in touch with in casteldaccia about my family.

L

I

I have heard nothing from Rosy and she has all my information on my grandparents and father

I need to get in touch with the offices in Casteldaccia and will be seeking your wonderful help.. Is it the comun of who do I get information from. In the US, we call it Vital records.

If you could find out who I get in touch with, I have the entire letter I sent to Rosy with the Info, I could send it to you and if you would translate, I could then send it to Casteldaccia.

I know I am asking a lot from you, but I seem to be going backwrads instead of getting excited about coming to Sicily and Italy, I AM STRESSED

Only 3 weeks and 4 days to go, now I'm nervous.

If this was just a wonderful vacation, I would be fine, But at my age, I don't know If I will ever be able to do this again, bad, bad legs and back problems and see my heritage to find information

PLEASE HELP ME CARA Vagabonda

37 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Are you certain Rosy hasn’t begun your family research?

Just like Torchiara, you would contact the Ufficio Anagrafe at the comune, the Comune di Casteldaccia.

http://www.comune.casteldaccia.pa.it/

And just like Torchiara, there’s a certified (pec) email.

protocollo@pec.comune.casteldaccia.pa.it

BUT Casteldaccia has a Pec Comune di Casteldaccia for Servizi Demografici (demographics) -

servizidemografici@pec.comune.casteldaccia.pa.it

Chi va piano, va sano e va lontano....

Vagabonda

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sicilian Heritage

who do I reply to, so many address. Who do I get in touch with. I don't know about Rosy, haven't heard anything and now it's only 3 weeks before I leave the USA.

Will you translate for me. I do have my fathers original birth certificate, but in Sicilian

I'll buy you a case of wine

VERONICA

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Hi Veronica,

Use the email for the Servizi Demografici:

servizidemografici@pec.comune.casteldaccia.pa.it

You know I would translate for you....

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Since you now have personal contact with Sign.ra Cristina Cusimano, us this email address to the attention of Sign.ra Cristina Cusimano.

ufelettoralecasteldaccia@gmail.com

Vagabonda

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Vagabonda

That's where I sen it early this morning, hoping they received it

should I still hire someone to take me there to translate,,,,,,,,,

and I finally found out that the first church you see as you enter the town is the one my Papa was baptised in. I don't know the name of it, my Aunt is hanging on to information so tightly

Also know they lived in a pink house, but where, who knows.

Veronica

Veronica

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Hopefully the comune has received it Veronica - Only you can decide if you'd like to arrive at the comune with a translator.

Vagabonda

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sicilian Heritage

"who do I reply to, so many address....Will you translate for me. I do have my fathers original birth certificate, but in Sicilian....Also know they lived in a pink house, but where, who knows.

"

My Sicilian grandfather's birth certificate had the address he was born at on the Birth certificate. We walked past there after we got the birth certificate. It is not in the same town as your grandfather, but I would think that this woudl commonly be listed on the birth certificate.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Every comune is different, so it's not always listed, but it would be wonderful if it were. And even if not listed on the certificate, it still may be on record at the comune. It would be wonderful to walk past the house!

Vagabonda

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sicilian Heritage

vagabonda

OMG, to see the house he was born in, I have the Originzal Birth certificate, I don't read Italian, but I can reconize names and dates, and I don't see anything. Maybe the Church, Oh, Please let someone speak english in the town

veronica

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,004 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sicilian Heritage

Ask at the comune Veronica...

Vagabonda

Reply to: Sicilian Heritage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted