We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reinebringen stone path project status

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
Reinebringen stone path project status

From previous forum posts i have read work began in late summer 2016 on the construction of a stone path up the Reinebringen mounttain.

Can anyone tell how far advances this project is?

Is there a completion deadline?

I plan to travel in midsummer 2018 and I am curious to know if there is any chance of conclusion by then or at least if the most dangerous parts of the hike will be covered.

We are a 52 years old reasonably fit and will travel with our 14 year old daughter. I have read so many reviews about the breathtaking view from the top but none of us are seasoned climbers...

11 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
36,145 posts
41 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

If there is still work going on, hikers are not welcome as they will disturb the workers. It is a slow progress, the season is short and coincides with the hiking season and the sherpas are in demand for many projects.

Perhaps contact the tourist office for more info. Last summer it was still a work in progress. There is no deadline, it takes as long as it takes and it is not urgent as there are plenty of hikes in Lofoten.

Edited: 11:45 am, February 16, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

We will be there in late June. I'll try to report on the trail status when we get back.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

Thanks. Look forward to the News. Have a great trip.

Edited: 12:01 am, March 30, 2018
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

No, it’s not ready!

The same Sherpas who build there, build the stairs in Tromsø, which they will finish this summer, in the 3rd summer work.

So, I guess the Reinebringen stairs will earliest be ready in summer 2019...

3 posts
5. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

Just climbed the mountain 3 days ago. The stairs is still not ready, covering only a small part of the whole hike.

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
6. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

It’s only made 300 of 1000 steps, and it’s highly recommended to NOT do the walk before it’s ready!

Of course, Norwegian Mountains never get closed, so there’s several who do it... on their own risk...

But, why someone want to risk theirs and another visitors life, it’s still a huge question... just for an cool selfie..?

Edited: 11:08 am, June 05, 2018
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
36,145 posts
41 reviews
33 helpful votes
7. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

There was a fatal accident just a few days ago.

1 post
8. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

Hi, I’m heading to Lofoten in June 2019 - not expecting the Reinebringen path to be finished...does anyone know any easy hikes in the Reine area I could do? I have experience hiking but am going alone so don’t want to take too many risks. Thanks

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
18 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

Here do you have some ideas...

https:/…hiking

https://lofoten.info/en/summer/Hiking

https:/…desc

3 posts
1 review
10. Re: Reinebringen stone path project status

Also check out https://outtt.com/en/norway/lofoten/hiking for detailed trail descriptions in English.

Reply to: Reinebringen stone path project status
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Reine