We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

I am looking to book a bus ride to and from M.C. to Puebla in Jan. We will be in Puebla 4 days. Want only ist class bus trans. Suggestions? Also anyone know a good tour guide for an overview of Puebla? Thanks

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

Bus companies ADO and Estrella Roja provide first-class service on the Mexico City > Puebla route, and most of those busses depart from the city's eastern terminal, referred to as "TAPO." Travel time is about 2 hours.

I can't offer any advice for a guide in Puebla. As for guidebooks, I suggest the Lonely Planet Mexico guide. An option to consider for Puebla, as far as seeing the highlights of the city goes - is the Turibus. Here's the website providing information:

http://web.turibus.com.mx/turibus/

Puebla
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

Best bus system from Mexico City to Puebla and back is "Estrella Roja" This bus actually leaves directly from the Mexico City airport and arrives in Puebla... you may take it to CAPU the big bus station in Puebla or to 4-Poniente an exclusive shuttle bus station frm the Mexico City airport into Puebla ( I recommend the 4 Poniente) Here is there web site: www.estrellaroja.com.mx/html_ing/expreso.asp About $30.00 usd round-trip... well worth it.

nyc
Level Contributor
61 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

When we got there the 1st class bus was leaving in 4 hours so we took the next bus, which wasn't the 1st class bus. Buses with some type of service leave every 20 minutes from the main bus station. We were pleasantly surprised. The bus was like Coach class on continental Airlines (same seats, more leg room) or like the Hampton Jitney if you are familiar with NYC.. It's a short ride, less than 2 hours. The days of the chickens in the bus seem to be long gone.

nyc
Level Contributor
61 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

I was there last week and we took the Turibus. It does give a good overview. Take it during the day, we took it at night and it was freeeeeezing cold.

(This is an aside and perhaps totally un-wanted advice, but we also went to Oaxaca and it is much nicer.)

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

Besides Turibus, there are a couple of other lines that leave from the southeast corner of the Zocalo (near the back corner of the Cathedral). The one that looks like a trolley (it's really a converted bus) is called something like Puebla Virreynal por Tranvia, and concentrates more on the historic sites. The other lines had itineraries posted that seemd to spend more time showing you where modern shopping centers are. One of them (might have been Turibus) advertised that you could get on and off all day for one fare.

6. Re: From Mex..City to Puebla--Ist class bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 24, 2009