We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcano

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Volcano

We are travelling to Mexico City Saturday, and to Puebla Monday. Considering the volcano concern -- should we re-consider the Puebla part of our trip?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcano

I doubt the volcano will cause problems. The road is well traveled between these two large cities and is well away from the volcano. There was likely ash fall after the event, but not too many effects now. I don't know how long you were going to Puebla, but I think you will regret not having more time in Mexico City.

Oak Island, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcano

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter are in Puebla right now visiting their mother and grandmother respectively and the extended family. They assure us that they are safe and all is fine except for a bit of ash in the air. Puebla is an amazing city. It is a World Heritage Site for a reason. It most evoked Old San Juan, Puerto Rico or the French Quarter of New Orleans but with an authentic historic area that is much larger. There is always something going on in the Zocalo, a visit to the park dedicated to Cinco de Mayo which occurred in Puebla is special, El Convento which is now a hotel is a truly special place. The Televera tile factory visit is a must-do. The cathedral and museums are certainly worth visiting.

Bottom line, it would be a pity to cancel your visit.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcano

Hey, thanks so much for the responses. We are in Puebla now, and having a super time. We are very glad we went ahead with this portion of our Mexico trip. Thanks again!

4. Re: Volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 22, 2014