We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puebla Trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puebla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland
2 posts
Save Topic
Puebla Trip

Hi, I am going in the next week to visit a friend in Puebla. I am flying into PBC, but I do not know if the airport is very confusing to navigate. If so, could you recommend an easy meeting place where I could meet my friend? The last time I went to Puebla, I flew into Mexico City and then took a bus.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puebla Trip

Wasabi,

I know the airport (Hermanos Serdán) is in Huejotzingo, 30/40 minutes from the city of Puebla. I guess your friend could meet you there easily or you can take a taxi from PBC to Puebla and for the distance I guess it'll charge you about $10.00USD (+$100.00 pesos).

Forgive my curiosity... which airline are you using? is this a direct flight from OAK?

Enjoy your trip

KM

Oakland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puebla Trip

No problem. Thank you for your answer. The flight does leave from OAK, but it is not direct. The airline is Continental Airlines.

Puebla
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puebla Trip

The airport of Puebla is the one of the smallest airport in the world. It only has one exit gate, you will not be able to miss your friend. You can walk from one end of the airport to the other in less than 1 minute.

Puebla
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puebla Trip

The Puebla airport only has one gate. So you can not get lost. There is only one place that all passengers exit from customs and immigration into the airport. Very small airport.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puebla Trip

There is now a bus that the airlines Volaris runs, that leaves the Puebla airport every 1/2 hour to the 4 Poniente bus station, near downtown Puebla. This is very convenient, as you avoid the mess at CAPU, the main bus station, and it's only $5!

sf
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Puebla Trip

Hi-I was wondering if anyone had specific info about taking the bus from Mexico DF to Pueblo-planning on doing this in late Novemeber

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puebla Trip

The Estrella Roja bus line has buses every half hour from the Mexico City airport to two different terminals in Puebla. I believe it's the bus on the half hour that goes to the terminal on Calle 4 Poniente and the one on the hour that goes to the big CAPU terminal, If I've remembered this wrong, I hope someone will correct me. The buses are big, modren, and more comfortable than any Greyhound (or most airlines, these days). As you board the bus, you are given free packaged snacks, a bottle of water or juice, and headphones for the movie that shows on drop-down screens during the two-hour trip. I did the trip going to and from Puebla last December and was very pleased with the bus and the service.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puebla Trip

Regarding the bus from the Mexico City airport: I just found a link with all the bus info:

http://201.131.32.23/servicioausuarios/transportacion.php

If you're not going straight from the Mexico City airport to Puebla, you don't want to take this bus though. There are bus stations in other parts of Mexico City that have cheaper and more frequent buses to Puebla.

9. Re: Puebla Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 11, 2009