We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi in zacatecas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
la
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of taxi in zacatecas

I'm travelling to Zacatecas next week and have heard that the taxis don't have meters. Does anybody know what would be a reasonable cost to negotiate from Zacatecas airport to the old part of town?

Thanks!

washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxi in zacatecas

I just returned from Guanajuato and the taxis there don't have meters either. The cost from the bus station to our b&b (across town and up the hill, probably 5 miles) cost us $4.00 US. A trip from the b&b to the centro or back usually was between 2.50 and 4.00 depending on who, where and when. Just ask how much it will be when getting in the cab. We never tried to talk down the price as it all seemed very reasonable. We always rounded up to include a tip anyway even though it wasn't expected and all seemed to appreciate of it with smiles and repeated muchas gracias. We never felt ripped off or taken advantage of. Our spanish was limited to the most basic too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxi in zacatecas

Hi-

You are right, the taxi's don't have taximetros--but, don't worry. Every taxi I took gave a reasonable price. We all know that taxis from bus stations or airports are always the most expensive. This is the same for the area. However, I must say--I was VERY pleasantly surprised that I never felt taken advantage of. When I first arrived, I was negotiating the price up front (a custom I am quite used to from traveling in C.A. and S.A.) By the end of the week, I didn't even ask the driver until we got there. The taxis always went straight to the hotel and seemed to give a reasonable price--oftentimes lower than I expected. I know the drive time is approx. 25 minutes. I paid about 300 pesos for a 35 minute ride to Guanajuato from the Leon airport.

Enjoy your time!

3. Re: cost of taxi in zacatecas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 20, 2009