We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What bus line goes from Mexico City to Zacatecas? or flight?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zacatecas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
2 posts
Save Topic
What bus line goes from Mexico City to Zacatecas? or flight?

We are trying to get an idea of what bus line travels from Mexico City to Zacatecas. How long it will take via bus and the cost. Is there a flight that is available? volaris doesnt have one.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What bus line goes from Mexico City to Zacatecas? or flight?

Hi - you are writing from LA? Volaris has a great flight LAX to Zac at 2500 pesos, I took it a few months ago, very simple and nice.

BUS:

From Mex DF Terminal del Norte ETN: www.etn.com.mx and ODM: www.odm.com.mx travel to Zac. Also Futura I think... ETN that I was on yesterday cost $635 from DF, is 8 hrs, stops at Aguascalientes, 4 OK movies & lots of legroom, crappy snack and beverage. From Zac to Mex is direct, overnight has like 1 movie then everybody except me falls asleep, arrives about 7 am.

ODM stops going north at Queretaro, SLP, Salinas SLP for a 30 min break then Zac, cheaper like $500 pesos but longer and less room, have not figured out the movie differential.

From DF airport you can from either terminal take bus Primera Plus to Queretaro, Xfer there to ODM, its easy, where you get off in Qro you just go in terminal and buy ongoing next bus to Zac.

Any way you´re talking the drive from DF to Zac is at least 8 hrs.

Flights DF-Zac cost like 200 USD equivalent each way and then you have the taxi from airport which is like $300-400 pesos I forget.

let me know please if you need additional info on Zac or SLP areas!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What bus line goes from Mexico City to Zacatecas? or flight?

I've never had much luck finding cheap flight deals for Zacatecas, and I usually want to visit more cities anyway, so I generally have taken the bus to and from there.

For Mexico City, I think all the direct buses (well, they might have stops, but you don't have to transfer) from Mexico City leave the North Terminal. You can get to the North Terminal from the metro (Autobuses del Norte station on the yellow line (5)), but if you have big/heavy luggage, this can be a pain (I managed to do it on my last trip, but all the ups and downs in the transfer stations were a bit much!), so depending on your situation, a taxi might be easier (all caveats about Mexico City taxis apply).

I usually look on Omnibus's website to get an idea of prices, and like Panch04 said, they are 490 MXN. I put in a random Tuesday and got the following departure times: 00:16, 07:00, 07:30, 08:30, 11:30, 17:00, 20:30, 21:15, 21:45, 22:10, 22:35, 23:00, 23:45 (note the gaps in the middle of the day). It's about 8 hours, and I've done the trips that leave late at night and get you there in the morning, which saved me a night's worth of lodging cost and is reasonably comfortable (the seats in Mexican buses usually recline back quite a lot).

Have fun on your trip. Both cities are wonderful places!

3. Re: What bus line goes from Mexico City to Zacatecas? or flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Zacatecas