We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Morelia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

Hello,

I wrote not long ago and got good input on travelling to Sahuayo (bus from Colima to the nearby town of Jiquilpan).

We want to continue our trip to Pazcuaro to see the ruins at Tzintzuntzán, and then onwards to Guanajuato.

What route / stops do you suggest?

Thanks!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

I am not sure where you are starting your trip, but there are frequent local buses from Patzcuaro to Tzintzuntzan. To get from Patzcuaro to Guanajuato you'd almost certainly have to transit in Morelia. Check the ETN and Primera Plus web sites for timetables.

Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

Thanks!

We are in Sahuayo, 10 minutes away from Jiquilpan.

Do buses go to Patzcuaro from Jiquilpan? I can't find much info online.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

You would appear to be well off the beaten track, since neither town is mentioned in my guidebook! This means you are unlikely to get feedback on these forums from anyone who has been that way. I also suspect that, since you found nothing online, the route you want to take is no done by first class buses (although both towns are apparently served by Primera Plus). There may be a second class service, either direct, or bus hoppingvia Zamora and/or Uruapan. After all, everywhere in Mexico has buses. Since you are already in the area, surely your best plan is just to go to the bus station and ask.

By the way, Uruapan has its annual craft fair soon: a big event.

Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

Yes, off the beaten track! :-) And no tourists...

...even though Sahuayo is a pretty big town: http://sahuayodemorelos.com/sahuayodemorelos/

I will check out bus routes here and post the info for others wanting to discover new places in Michoacan.

5. Re: Bus to Patzcuaro and then Guanajuato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 20, 2010