We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Club Solaris!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
IL
1 post
Save Topic
Royal Club Solaris!

Just putdown $2G's for a 7 night stay at Royal club Solaris. It is worth it? I know its too late but I would like some feedback before I get there in April-05.

Thanks,

IL

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Club Solaris!

No.....I spent last week at the Solaris and am currently at the Melia Cabo Real. Will be writing hotel reviews on both resorts, upon my return home on 03/05. Basically, the Solaris is a 3-star resort, charging 5-star prices. It's not that anything is really bad at the Solaris......it's just over-priced.

Novi MI
Level Contributor
236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Club Solaris!

I stayed at the Solaris for a week last month. Not bad but certainly not a 5 star - more a 3. The timeshare push and the segration of the "members" vs. the regular guests was very demeaning. Food is just OK. Rooms are like a holiday inn. You have to ask for everything (towels, t. paper, kleenex, glasses, etc.) everyday or you don't get them. There is no fridge in the room. There is no organized Kids Club as advertised. Evening entertainment some nights is kareoke or very poorly done shows. The good news is it is kept fairly clean and the breakfast is really good. You'll also have a nice walk into SJDC. Still, if you can switch, try. If not, just be prepared and you'll be fine.