We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to shop?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Places to shop?

How is the shopping in San Jose Del Cabo? Is it worth a trip in to town to hit the stores? Or is Cabo a better place to go? I'm not looking for a mall but I'd love to find some unique boutiques and shops.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to shop?

I think a day (or half day) trip is well worth it. There are some really nice shops right on the town square, plus several within a couple of blocks of the square. Do a little shopping, have lunch and a margarita (or so) at the Tropicana and shop a bit more.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to shop?

It's very pleasant to shop and walk around the center. Good selection of opals. Owners are very casual and pleasant to deal with. One family owns numerous jewelry stores in town and run over and pick up a piece you might want if they don't have the style you want. You might see a few things you wont see in Cabo. The stores are less crowded than Cabo so you can cassually take your time. We prefered the dinning in San Jose to Cabo also. Jazmins, Violla, El Chilar, Don Emilianos, El Comal, Damiannas and many more.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to shop?

Love Cabo for sun and fun but shopping stinks.

4. Re: Places to shop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo