We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to La Paz

We're going on a 8day kayaking trip from La Paz and staying at Costa Baja a few days before our trip, but after two cancelled flights to La Paz and an itinerary that keeps changing, we thought we'd fly into San Jose and bus it up to La Paz. We now have time to explore these areas so first question is stay a few days at San Jose or Cabo San Lucas? Sounds like San Jose is more quaint and quieter - we aren't "night life" people so if folks could confirm our assumption, that'd be great. Second, more important question is how to get to La Paz. Would prefer not to spend hundreds on private transportation (unless there is more to the trip than comfort), but we're assuming there's comfortable buses - do they need to be booked well in advance, or can you show up day of? We'd be interested in hearing from anybody that has taken this trip, private or public. Thanks folks.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to La Paz

Hi CaboSanAntonio!

You will prefer San Jose over Cabo if you are looking for a more historic vibe. Given that you will be " on the water" for 8 days once you are in La Paz, you might want to consider a boutique hotel in-town as opposed to a beach-front hotel. Some nice boutique hotels are are: Casa Natalia, El Encanto Inn, and Tropicanna.

As for a Bus to La Paz, I have not done it. However, I found the following link that might be helpful:

http://www.autotransportesaguila.com/

Also, when I typed "bus to La Paz" in the search bar above, I found the following link to a previous posting.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152516-i209-k5090…

It highlights the shuttle schedule, although another poster indicates that the shuttle is not reliable.

Hope that helps!

Edited: 1:43 pm, February 06, 2014
philadelphia, pa...
Level Contributor
195 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to La Paz

We are staying at the costa Baja in early march and the hotel arranged a private driver for to and from the cabo airport for $238 - much lower than other private transportation options that I contacted.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to La Paz

Thanks Pantix and dannerd, in fact we booked in at Casa Natalia (using the same logic you had) and it seems perfect. When we get to La Paz we'll be at Costa Baja for a couple of nights before heading out. Thanks for the links and your help. We'll probably do a bus - private driver seems pricey,

4. Re: Getting to La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, March 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo