We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal solaris san jose del cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
Royal solaris san jose del cabo

We are going in January and after reading the reviews , should I be concerned going here.

I have a few questions.

I have read the tables in the buffet are long tables that seat many like a cafeteria, are there smaller tables as well?

Does the resort make you feel like second class if you are not part of the timeshare vacationers?

Any good restaurants within walking distance to this resort?

Any advice on this resort and area would be appreciated.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

You would be more valued as a non Timeshare owner. They now can sell you one!!! : } It seems like Everybody in Los Cabos sells timeshares. The airport people, the waiters in restaurants, the taxi drivers, vendors on beaches, and certainly the people at your resort.

Lots of fantastic restaurants in walking distance from your resort. You will Feel safe day or night in the area. The town has a nice Art and wine walk on thursdays 5 pm to 9 pm. www.artcabo.com

Sat 9am there is a neat Organic market that has a carnival atmosphere. people singing and dancing. Lots of food being grilled. Local arts and crafts. All sorts of fresh fruit, veggies,honey, candy, clothes, ext.

www.sanjomo.com/

Edited: 6:25 pm, December 13, 2013
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Never stayed there so I leave it to those who have to answer the questions about the resort. However there are oodles and oodles of fantastic restaurants within walking distance...one of the reasons why in SJD a non-AI is a great way to go if possible.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

The downtown area is about a twenty minute walk plenty of great places to eat.

The local buses run past about every 15-20 minutes 9 peso and will have you there in 5 minutes just wave the bus as they approach and jump off where you want.

Cross the road and the bus will drop you off at the Mega where many go to stock up or walk up less than 10 minutes.

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Thanks for the info., could you suggest any restaurants? What is a good tequila?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,781 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Hi BigGeorge

>>What is a good tequila?<<

tacCabo used to live in Cabo and posted some great "weather" threads with a theme. The August 2010 thread was all about great drinks. Read Reply 103 (16 page long thread!) for details from tacCabo about tequila.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k38215…

Some of his other replies in the thread describe how to make drinks like a paloma or a mojito, how to order a drink without alcohol, and how Mexican coffee differs from Spanish coffee.

>>could you suggest any restaurants?<<

We had lunch in San Jose in October at Lolita Cafe. It's new and has fabulous sandwiches & salads. We had planned to go to the Drunken Sailor on the marina, but it was closed. It's a great option for casual seafood.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Habanero's on Blvd Mijares has great selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We usually wind up there multiple times on our visits. It's about halfway between the road fronting the resorts and the downtown plaza, so it's less of a hike than most restaurants in San Jose.

St.Paul AB
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Stayed at royal Solaris a few years ago. Just came back and stayed at barcelo hola grande Fargo which use to be crown palace which is next door to royal Solaris, we had difficulties getting into el la carte. However there are some fine restaurants across the street and a night club. We have gone into San Jose for dinner and it was great. The cab cost 5 dollars. I feel very safe when I go there. If you can go to san Lucas. They have a sunset cruise wine and jazz. It is excellent been on it 3 times. Have fun

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Thanks for the info. and best wishes.

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

Thanks, we will stop in on our walk to town square.

Prince Rupert...
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal solaris san jose del cabo

The wife and I just got back from a 21 day, 3 resort vacation in los cabo. 9 of those days were at the Royal

Solaris. It is a nice resort. Buffets are average. Seating in the dinner theater are the larger tables. But we did meet some good people. Smaller tables at the other buffet. Can't remember the name but its where the breakfast is too.

No major concerns for you. Too many reviewers just love to 'Nit Pick' For us, its all about the weather, beaches and the culture. (good poolside drink menu too). 20 min walk to town. many good restaurants to choose from.

The 'TimeSharians' do get some good perks alright. When we start shopping for our next vacation we will look for resorts that are not time share involved. Look for the deals. Royal Solaris was a good deal for us and we would stay there again.