We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Beach to snorkel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
521 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Good Beach to snorkel

Hi All

I am going to San Jose Del cabo for the first time in march and staying at the Hyatt Ziva. I love swimming in the ocean and especially snorkeling. Can anyone tell me where I can snorkel in the area. I do understand that I will not be able to swim out in front of the resort. Thank you.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

Here's a good overview. Overall, my choice would be Chilleno, but Santa Maria is also an option.

www.cabosbest.com/best-beaches-in-cabo.html

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
521 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

Thank you Pantix, Just what I was looking for.

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
521 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

Does anyone know if the bus stops on the highway near the interchange to Chileno Beach? or should we take a taxi or rent a car? thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

I'm fairly certain the bus would stop there, but it is a healthy walk into the beach. Here's a map.

wikimapia.org/…b

Renting a car for the day would probably be the most convenient. However, if you do rent a car, don't leave any valuable in your car. My brother has his broken into while at the beach.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

Chilleno beach has bathrooms and a life guard. They also have umbrellas if you get there by 10 that are usually still available. If you are taking a cab or bus, chilleno beach is more easily accessible. Santa Maria is literally the next stop off the highway. It is more remote (but not to remote) and is accessible by a dirt road. The road is easily possible with a small rental car. If you want privacy try to get there by 10:30. The snorkel boats start showing up around 1:00. Renting a car will allow you to go to either one. If you rent a car, make sure you take a very detailed video of the walk around with someone from the rental company. Windows, tires, bumpers, interior etc. if will save you any hassles upon return.

Québec
Level Contributor
389 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

What about water temperature???? I am looking at weather for the past few days: lows are at 65 or so, highs, 72-75. Even in March, it still could be pretty cold :-(

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

I like Chileno, take a few bananas the fish will eat right out of your hand, but hold on to the banana or they will take of with it.

You do not have to take a snorkeling cruise, just go to the beach, with your chairs relax and enjoy.

8. Re: Good Beach to snorkel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo