We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

I just stumbled across a new event for San Jose del Cabo:

Sal y Musica Festival. Musical tour through downtown San Jose

"One of the newest tours is Sal y Musica Festival, a lively tour through the streets of the San Jose del Cabo, Historic Area (downtown), that takes place on Tuesdays and Fridays evenings, from 6pm all the way to midnight. It is a place to enjoy live music at some restaurants or even better on the streets. Savor a shot of tequila or a wonderful margarita listening the tunes of a rock band, a guitarist, mariachi or folkloric group, whether is your taste you can have it all at this renovated district."

www.facebook.com/salymusica

I think this could be the event that some of the merchants described to PacNWFamily as an extension of the Thursday night art walk. It just started about a month ago, so I haven't heard any reviews just yet.

Guess I'll have to check it out next week.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose del Cabo
San Jose del Cabo
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Baja Ride
Sightseeing Tours
CalypsoTrip
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Very Cool!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Yes I heard about this when I was there in July, Benjamin who use to play his guitar at the Presidente and now goes to a lot of the restaurants in town and strolls about singing and playing told me about it and to watch for it on my next trips. Benjamin is/was heading up the musicians union/group for the area and this has been something he has wanted to do for a long time. I have to say I truly miss him at the hotel for us for many years he was always part of the magic of the hotel.

I am glad it has been added to the attractions of the town and is keeping the more traditional feel not the party town of CSL.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

I agree. And I'm also glad to see them doing something that will continue to draw people into the historic downtown. I was a little worried that all the new development out in front of the hotels would pull the energy from the downtown area with people exiting their hotels and stopping there to eat - not venturing any further.

Edited: 8:59 pm, November 23, 2013
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,208 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Next week?! Go ahead and rub it in. You were just in Cabo and now you're going back!

Have a great time and be sure to report back on the food, music, weather, and everything else.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

I posted this on the Cabo San Lucas forum, but wanted to post it here as well:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just wanted to send a quick update on the Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo. According to their webpage, it is scheduled for every Tuesday and Friday. We went last night looking for music and basically found none. After speaking to several restaurant owners, they knew nothing about the festival being on Tuesday, but several do plan to have music in the streets on Friday evening.

The previous report that the Arts Walk will change to three days a week is not correct (adding Tues and Wednesday). For all practical purposes all of the galleries were closed last night. Again I suspect that the merchant that reported that change to PacNWFamily was confusing it with the new planned Sal y Musica festival that is still trying to get its feet under it.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose del Cabo
San Jose del Cabo
Los Cabos, Mexico
Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Well darn it.....

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Thanks Eljefe.

We had friends go to the Sal y Musica festival in early November, but it was a Friday night. Very enjoyable!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

an2jo2, I do believe it will be something on Friday night, though. BTW, there is another restaurant where Teo was located. It does not have a name yet though other than "the restaurant formerly known as Teo."

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Wow that was quick when I was there in late October Teo's old place was just locked up & empty.

I hope the town does get something going on Friday nights on a regular basis that would be nice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sal y Musica Festival in San Jose del Cabo

Any update on Sal y Musical Festival? Is it on Friday night only and near the town square?

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo