We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente or Royal Solaris???? Help!!!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Presidente or Royal Solaris???? Help!!!!!!

My hubby and are thinking if Cabo for September of this year and are torn between the Presidente and the Royal Solaris. Has anyone been to both, can you compare?? Any help would be soooo appreciated:) Thanks.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris???? Help!!!!!!

fitnezjunky

Yes I have been to both...decided once to see what RS was like...I really didn't like the the RS because I felt that all they wanted was to sign me up to buy a Club Solaris membership also while the lobby is very beautiful I didn't think the rooms were all that special and the service was second rate at best. I couldn't get over the feeling of walls on 3 sides of me while sitting by the pool. So long story short I cut my stay short went over to the Presidente and finished my vacation. The Presidente is very open and feels like a resort more than a hotel, as an example it has 3 very distinctive pools one for adults only one for activities (volley ball etc) and one that seems to be a favorite for families. the later 2 have swim up bars and the adult pool has a bar just steps from it. IMHO the service is better (way way better) the food is better, the grounds are fantastic, the rooms are well appointed and clean, and most importantly what makes it all come together is the staff and management are undoubtedly the best in all of Cabo!

Now I have to admit I am a loyal fan of the Presidente and have stayed there many many times but I honestly wouldn't keep going back if I didn't believe it is the best place in Cabo. Check out the reviews and some of the pictures that other guests have taken and you will get a good idea of how beautiful and spread out the resort is as well as how good the service and everything else is.

2. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris???? Help!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 14, 2009