We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

Whistler British Columbia has some of the best snow in North America.I was given a 3 Bedroom Time Share week 50 by family.It is located in the heart of Whistler Village.BUT I dont ski or do any other winter sports and nobody in my family does any winter sports either.I dont want to sell the time share but rather exchange or swap the week on an annual basis.Would anybody be able to suggest any exchanges that I could use.My home system only has Cabo San Lucas available starting in May as the earliest and November as the latest.Any advice would be appreciated

B.C.
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

There's a timeshare website that might be helpful, I don't know much about it though - tugbbs.com.

Also trip advisor has a timeshare/holiday rental forum. Where is says browse forums, click All and the timeshare forum is near the end.

We 'inherited' 2 Florida timeshares and we have never been there. So far RCI has worked for exchanges. It's enough of a pain that we will probably never buy our own timeshare!

I'm not sure if that helps. Whistler is so beautiful - there might be someone interested!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

Thanks I agree Whistler is so beautiful,But it gets a little boring if you do nott ski.Maybe We can swap.Would you be interested in swapping your Florida for my Whistle??r.Send me a message if you are interested

Edited: 3:04 pm, August 17, 2013
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

Vancouverpinoy.......You can also rent your whister week and use the cash to stay anywhere you want. Look at this possibility thru www.redweek.com or www.vrbo.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

Thanks so much,I signed on redweek.If I like Cabo,I will buy a time share on the resale market.I am looking at one at 1500$ for a 2BR for a floating high season week

B.C.
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

I'm sorry, I don't ski and I prefer the hot sun to the snow :-) We mostly exchange and go to Mexico through RCI. Florida just doesn't seem to be our thing - maybe we'll try it one day. I hope you figure out a way to rent it out. Whistler is in high demand so it should work.

I think you will really like Cabo, we love it!!

6. Re: Wanting to swap Whistler snow for Cabo Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo