We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marquis or Casa Del Mar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle
12 posts
Save Topic
Marquis or Casa Del Mar

My wife and I are going to Cabo the first week of December. We are trying to decide between the Marquis Los Cabos or Casa Del Mar. Anyone have information on the two?

Seattle
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Marquis or Casa Del Mar

Thank you blossom. I think I'm pretty generous about tipping in the first place. If the intent of the $35.00 fee is to eliminate the tipping and if all or a good portion of the fee goes towards the staff then I will not tip as much as I normally would. If the management does not cover the staff then the fee is just more tax for the room.

Anyone else out there have experience with this??

We have made our reservations and will be staying at the Marquis. Seems like a very nice hotel.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Marquis or Casa Del Mar

I'm not sure what $35.00 fee you are referring to, but you will not be disappointed in your stay at the Marquis. My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon last Saturday, and we are already planning to return for our first anniversary. The resort is beautiful and oh so relaxing!

In regards to the service fee, we noticed in all menu (except room service) it states that tax and gratuity are added to the bill, and does not even have a line on the signed copy of the receipt for adding a tip. We often gave a tip directly to the waiter rather than adding it to our bill, b/c as a I said, there wasn't even an option on the bill - unless I am completely blind!

Go and have a great trip! You will love it there! :)

Seattle
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Marquis or Casa Del Mar

Thank you for the information. Getting lots of good reports about how lovely the resort is. Can hardly wait. Congratulations on your wedding!!