We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

I posed this question of the San Lucas forum and didn't get a response, so I thought I might post it here and maybe someone can help.

My husband and I are thinking of booking the Oceanfront Casitas for a one week stay in August. Any advice or room number suggestions for this room category. We have never stayed at a Secrets property but have done Excellence, Sandals and Iberostar Grand. All comments/suggestions welcome.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
700 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

We were there over New Year's - I think the important part here is to get one that is upstairs, rather than ground floor. They have the awesome rooftop party-pads! Most are pretty similar, and this is a smaller property. Second floor however is what you want.

Edit: Meaning Casitas. We were in the main hotel part, and it is lovely. This is a great place for couples.

Edited: 10:37 pm, May 15, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Thanks so much for your response. We will definitely ask for a second floor suite. We are going to the Cancun area next week and have booked a swim-up room, so will go with the roof-top for Secrets (want to try something different). Is privacy an issue on the roof-top casitas?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
107 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Everyone in the main hotel will be able to see the roof top deck of the second floor casitas. The most private casitas are the ones that are oceanfront and on the first floor. With those no one can see your plunge pool from anywhere (even walking around the resort. If you are facing the ocean, the casita building on the far left oceanfront is the best I think.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Casitas that are most private is one or eight

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Thank you all for your replies. We have booked the Oceanfront Casitas for the middle of August and are so looking forward to our stay. The suite looks absolutely amazing!! Thanks Cabobound for your recommendation on which casitas is in the best location. I will send them and email prior to our arrival and make a request for bldg. 1 or 8.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Did you like the suite you got? We are considering this resort for our honeymoon.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Prairie-dawn: the postings above were from last year. If you don't get a response you can send the posters a private message that sends an alert to their email by clicking on their avatar (picture icon).

Sorry-never stayed at Secrets or Pacifica so can't answer your other questions. The only thing I will add is that September is hot and humid in the Los cabo area as it is their rainy season. And the two resorts you are asking about are about 15 miles apart - so very different proximity to Cabo and San Jose.

Edited: 7:38 pm, May 07, 2014
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Pantix, so you know, people only get an e-mail notifying them of a PM if they choose that option (under subscriptions). It is not automatic. For instance, I do not receive an e-mail when a PM is sent to me.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Thanks for that Eljefe. I didn't know.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Marquis - Oceanfront Casitas?

Hi Prairee Dawn,

We really enjoyed our suite. It is large and beautiful. Perfect setting for a honeymoon. You should note though, that the roof top terrace is viewed by the high rise tower in behind so it isn't really private. Otherwise, everything about this resort (food, service, drinks, grounds, etc.) was very good. Also, there is no night club on this property, if that is of interest to you, but they did have theme nights with dancing.

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. Congratulates on your upcoming wedding.