We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

I'm planning on visiting the Los Cabos area for the 1st time in November - right now, leaning more towards the Presidente (mostly based on what I’ve read on tripadvisor). Would love to hear any further pros/cons or better suggestions to research, these are the things that are most important to us:

- all-inclusive, 4 or 5 star

- decent customer service

- kid friendly and fun for kids (ages 6 & 8) - kids club, pool, playground, etc.

- relaxing for mom (not looking to party or for night life excitement right now!!)

- and last but not least: affordable (like a single parent break or kid free offer?)

Any feedback appreciated... Thanks, Kam.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Kam99,

For my money the Presidente can't be beat!!!! Totally know about the single Mom thing been there done that for 17 years. Took my kids with me to Presidente and now since getting remarried have taken my husband and grandkids in same age bracket as your kids (my husband isn't 6 or 8 he is just old). The kids club is great and very secure, you don't have to worry about them. There are always alot of other kids to play with at the pools and as a whole the resort is very kid friendly.

All-inclusive...yes (except room service delivery is $2.50 not for each item but just $2.50) I am not sure if there is a charge for the Kids club there use to be but I don't know about the last couple of years.

4 or 5 star....I think that depends on what you consider 4 or 5 in my book it is at least 5++++ (can you tell I am a fan)

Relaxing for Mom....definitely, you can go to the adult pool and totally chill out and talk to just adults while the kids are at the kids club. In the evening you and the kids can enjoy the lobby bar with other families listen to the music have a cocktail (not the kids) talk to people and just enjoy.

Customer service...the best in all of Cabo! Any negative review you may have read about slow or bad service in my opinion has to do more with a perception or maybe misperception some people may have of their own self importance and feel they should be taken care of before or instead of anyone else. Michael Oney, Alma, Elva, Christian, Enrique etc. etc. are the best and believe I would not keep going back time after time it that were not true. I stayed at the Royal Solaris one time cut my stay short and moved back to the Presidente to finish my vacation.

Affordable...again in my opinion, yes, check with a travel agent or check the links on tripadvisor to check rates there are times you can get some great deals. But do it soon because I don't know when in November you are planning to go but November is the beginning of the high season and you want to make sure you get a great deal and that there is availability. You really will have a wonderful time there!

If I can answer any questions for you feel free to email me, I have been there many many times.

Anita

aable2@msn.com

California
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Between the 2...Presidente hands down......Solaris is not 4 or 5 star....maybe 2 star. They do have a good kids program, however, the resort as a whole does not compare to the Presidente. If I were you, I would not choose an all inclusive resort unless your kids are huge eaters...the all inclusive fee is not a bargain. plus, maost of the resorts in Cabo are not all inclusive and you can find some great deals on some great resorts. I would also choose a resort closer to Cabo...more for the kids to do if they get bored at the resort.

Cabo_nut

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Kam99,

As you may or not be aware, I do monitor the forum, and am very active in helping tailor the guest experience in such a way that they can maximum their stay.

While Cabo_nut's comments do have merit with respect to the variety of hotel options there are, I can understand your desire to look for an all-inclusive as my own children are 5 1/2 and 9 years old, and it is not the fact that they are big eaters, but rather the feeling of flexibility and variety without having to order 15 different items (hence the affordablility along with flexibility). When traveling with the kids, my wife and I often prefer buffets, so that the kids have their "choice" RAPIDLY. Additionally, on the property, if your kids are a bit picky with their appetite, our staff will happily find options such as simple pasta, etc in order to accommodate the munchin's pallate. The poor chef cannot even decorate my daughters plate with fancy anything or parsley... SHE DOES NOT LIKE GREEN LEAVES on her plate... so.. out comes penne pasta in butter sauce. That's the only way she'll eat it. I'm certain that you can relate! Albeit that I am not a single parent, I feel that perhaps I could relate to your comments with respect to the kid's aspect as my own are a similar age.

I will leave the rest of the operation and your review of the reviews to determine for yourself as to our customer service and product. While I admit that we are never 100% perfect, nor are we the resort of choice for all, we do try to make the customer expercience as well as your visit to Los Cabos, a most enjoyable one, and I think that our reputation as such speaks for itself.

I'll be happy to forward you any specific details regarding the resort, if you wish to email me directly.

Regards,

Michael Oney

GM - Presidente InterContinental All-Inclusive Resort Los Cabos

michael_oney@interconti.com

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Kam99,

What did I tell you...nowhere else are you going to hear directly from the management of a hotel/resort. Like I said they are the best! The kids will have fun and Mom will get a chance to relax, chill out, and get ready for all the great things that life has to offer.

Anita

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Thanks for the responses... The Presidente is now at the top of my shortlist!!

I'm waiting for the Sunquest brochure to be released to see what kind of "kids deals" they offer. It looks like Sunquest is the only Canadian tour operator offering the Presidente this year and while they often have "free kids" offers they don't usually apply unless there are 2 adults :-( Signature Vacations and Air Canada sometimes offer a break to single parents but it doesn't look like either of them will be including Los Cabos in their winter plans... Kam.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

Kam99,

I'm not certain about the Tour Operators, however, should the booking be made directly online with the intercontinental.com site, then from our side, we have no problem with the 2 kids single parent. Feel free to contact me directly for more details.

Regards,

michael

7. Re: Presidente or Royal Solaris? - 2 kids, single parent...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo