We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Marquis vs Grand Mayan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bremerton...
Level Contributor
27 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Marquis vs Grand Mayan

We are going to be staying in San Jose del Cabo next February and are trying to decide between these two places. We usually stay at our time share in Cabo at Sunset Beach but wanted to try something a little different. I have heard that Sandals is not as close to town as the Grand Mayan but that is all I really know about the two. Can anyone give me some input as to their experiences or preferences? I would be so grateful!

Thanks!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandals Marquis vs Grand Mayan

I'll just add a word of caution -- do NOT go to the GM timeshare presentation. I haven't been personally, but I've heard several horror stories. In a word, it can be (and usually is) brutal. Not fun and extremely hard-sell. Just smile and say "no gracias" when asked. We were asked if we were interested almost every time we waited for a taxi out front, but a simple no sufficed.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
27 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandals Marquis vs Grand Mayan

Great information to have! Thanks for the heads up!

13. Re: Sandals Marquis vs Grand Mayan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo