We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Solaris - post fire

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Royal Solaris - post fire

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the situation at the RS? We are leaving next Thursday for a week and supposed to be staying there. I have heard they have a portion of the hotel closed? Anyone know if they are back up and running? Would like to know so we are not caught off guard. It will be spring break for a good portion of our stay and I would imagine they "were" going to be near capacity...

Thanks for any information that is provided....2nd time to the sjdc area and we love it.

Todd

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

Todd have you tried to email the hotel? My guess would be that they are working very hard to get things going again but it may be worth the time to email or maybe even the cost of a phone call.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

After how the Royal Solaris reported, or rather not reported, the fire, I don't believe that I would put much stock in what they say about the current situation. I would suspect "Everything is fine. Come on down," whether that were true or not.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

That is what I suspect will be their response. I have contacted the travel agent who contacted the charter (sunwing) and was told that there is no change to our travel plans. I have emailed the hotel myself and am awaiting a response....guess we should have sprung for the travel insurance for a little peace of mind.

Mexico
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

Dear Guests:

All facilities, common areas and services offered by our traditional all-inclusive system, are working at 100%

If you need personal assistance please feel free to contact us at redessociales@hotelessolaris.com

Hoteles Solaris de México

^G

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

We were next door at Cabo Azul when the fire happened. They removed most if not all of the guests. The next day we heard they were trying to put people back in rooms that had water damage. Just telling what I heard. We took in a couple and their two children for the night and that's what they told us. I would check and see if you can find someone staying there now.

6. Re: Royal Solaris - post fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo