We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll call

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Roll call

We will be in the Cabo area March 24-31 any plans for a meet and greet yet? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,891 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll call

ChtOwnMOma......The Cabo forum site seems to have the most activity with Meet and Greets. Probably because there are more resorts and people in Cabo, so the turn out is greater?

The other option is to post your own gathering at a Bar/Restaurant in San Jose.

Pantix....Here is a golden oportunity to show us Cabo forumites how its done in San Jose. : )

Edited: 6:39 pm, February 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll call

Sorry, I won't be there in late March. But if anyone is interested, I think the venues that might best suit a "meet and greet" would be:

In town: Shooters or Baja Brewing

Hotel Zone Road: Baja Blue Bar and Grill, or for a little more upscale experience, the pool bar at Cabo Azul resort for 1/2 price happy hour (3:00 to 5:00)

South/East Beach area: Zippers

An2jo2...any other suggestions?

Rocky: I think it might also be the case that given the nature of the two towns, you'll find a slightly higher level of extroversion among the Cabo folks generally and perhaps a slightly higher level of introversion among the San Jose group overall. Not everyone, mind you, but as a group.

:-)

Edited: 1:12 am, February 26, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
1,989 Reviews
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Chicago
Level Contributor
660 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll call

We will be there 3/25-3/30 if you hear anything please post!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll call

We wuil be there March 23-30 staying at the Cabo Azul. Would love to meet and greet anytime during the week. Just post where and when.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Azul Resort
Cabo Azul Resort
1,989 Reviews
Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll call

Have to agree with Pantix as a whole a lot of us do have a slightly higher level of introversion not that we are unfriendly just the whole atmosphere of San Jose is different than CLS although that is starting to change.

We have met up with others at Teo's but it can get a bit crowded there since it isn't very big, and Don Sanchez and even the Tropicana have been known to be good for meet & greets

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
Don Sanchez Restaurant
Don Sanchez Restaurant
1,046 Reviews
Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Roll call

Where are you staying 3/25-3/30? We will be at the Westin Los Cabos. Perhaps we could meet at Zippers or Tabasco's one day. Let me know your thoughts. Also noticed you are in Chicago as well! We are so looking forward to getting away from this cold, as I'm sure you are too! Hope to see you there!

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Zipper's
Zipper's
698 Reviews
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Roll call

Sorry my reply was to traveljen...

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roll call

Ok I just have to make this observation and suggestion.....

Observation: Reading the posts in the forum about all of you so lucky peeps that are going to be there soon while I have to wait a bit more just sucks!

Suggestion: Why don't one of you lucky people just decide on a date, time and place (Thursday evening say about 6:00 or 6:30 would be good because of the artwalk, Shooters would be good because the cerveza is cold & cheap food is good and it overlooks the town square and is really close to art district) then just post it on the forum. Then while you are there meeting & greeting raise a toast to all of us that are wishing we were there:-)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roll call

Great suggestion. Wish I could be there. :-(

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo