We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Monroe, WA
Level Contributor
49 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

Planning a vacation for late April for my family of 4, kids aged 10 and 11 at the time of travel. I've read reviews on both and of course its a mixed bag ranging from wonderful to downright horrible as most hotel reviews are. Anyone with experience at both resorts want to chime in with their opinion. I thought I read that Hola has coke products which right there sells my husband as he doesn't like Pepsi (I don't care either way as I prefer water or iced tea). Thanks in advance...oh history on us my husband and I traveled to Cabo last May just the two of us and stayed at the Riu Palace and played a lot at the Sante Fe...thought about staying at the Sante Fe but the drinks there were so sickly sweet (like fake sweet or something...weird) I was hoping to avoid that at these other places.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

the drinks at Hola are no better-and they seem to run out of mixers quite often.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

We stayed at the Hola last year in May and very much enjoyed it. However, i don't think it has much geared to small children. It is a very quiet resort.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

we have stayed at both,,,,,,,,overall the solaris is much better!!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

I stayed at the Hola Grand Faro a few years ago w/ my 9 year old daughter. They did use fake sweetener in their drinks and it took me few days to find the right concoction to avoid that fake sweetener taste. The dinner buffets were minimal, I am used to all inclusive buffets and can always find something but one night we left the buffet and asked if we could get a table at the Mexican restaurant. They sat us and we had a lovely meal.

The warm infinity pool was nice but was filled w/ partiers when we were there so we would sneak in when it got a little quieter. The pool was chilly.

Rooms were average.

Lovely walks on the beach and next to a wetland preserve so great for the kids to see. Staff very friendly and grounds well maintained. Hopes this helps.

5. Re: Trying to decide between Royal Solaris and Hola Grand Faro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo