We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

I will be in Cabo San Lucas for 2 weeks. Plan on going to Art walk 2 Thursdays in a row. Looking for nice restaurants that are walkable to Art walk. Been to Jazmins and Shooters already.

I seem to remember a restaurant 2 years ago that was in a courtyard with lots of trees, candle lit. It had a array of votive candles on a stand. A waiter told me if I could light all the candles in 5 minutes, he would buy me dinner. Never happened. There had to be 90 candles. We never ate there, but I remember how beautiful the restaurant looked. I do not remember the name.

Can anyone help me with this restaurant. Is it a nice place? or Another Nice place to eat at after Art walk

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

There are many restaurants in, and within walking distance of the Art District with courtyards / outside dining. They include:

Voila

Mi Casa

La Panga Antigua

Tequilas

Casa Natalia

Morgans Encore

Morgans

For small bites - La Osteria

A little further away, Don Sanchez and Mason del Angel

And, I've probably forgotten a few

Edited: 2:24 am, January 20, 2013
Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

Pantix, I see you got here before me and would agree to all your suggestions although I think I would walk the few extra blocks to go to Meson Del Angel, I love their courtyard and Benjimen playing guitar & singing and of course Alberto's mojitos!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

But I still am pondering which restaurant featured 90 votile candles in a stand. It might have been Mi Casa.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

Eljefe, I can't picture it either but then that could have been because I stopped at Teo's then the Tropicana then Shooters on the way to the art district and maybe just maybe had a few too many cervezas along the way:-)

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

Yeah, stuff happens even in San Jose doesn't it?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

Eljefe, my guess also is that it would be Mi Casa.

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
633 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

that sounds like Mi Casa - we were just there.

Also there is Baja Brewing company there if you're looking for a more Denver or Seattle type of restaurant experience.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

Thank you all.

I just got done looking at the pictures of Mi Casa on TA. That is the place. It was sooo beautiful at night .. I remember the kitchen being on the main level on the left with dining below. Looked friendly and casual. How is the food there. I must go.

9. Re: Restaurants near Art walk.. Historic part of town.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 24, 2014