We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunwing to cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
British Columbia
Level Contributor
321 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
sunwing to cabo

Not sure if this question belongs here but here goes. We are pondering a package from the interior of British Columbia to Cabo with Sunwing airlines. Does anyone have experience traveling on sunwing? I have heard a few bad stories and wonder if it's worth the money you save, seems like a good airline on paper. thanks.

brandon manitoba
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sunwing to cabo

One of the better airlines we've flown with! No issues with our flights with them at all!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunwing to cabo

Sunwing is a reputable company.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunwing to cabo

I just finished a one week all-inclusive deal to Mexico where Sunwing was the air carrier and I wouldn't use them again unless there were no other options.

The plane itself was fine, and the staff was also comparable with other airlines, however the check-in and customer service really failed us in our opinion.

Check-in is 4 hours prior to departure, however after trying repeatedly to do this online we learned that this can only be done at the airport, unless you pay extra for seat selection. If you don't want to pay extra for seats, you either have to be at the airport 4 hours prior to take off to ensure seats together (if flying with a partner) or risk having separate seats.

From Vancouver, we went the free route and couldn't get seats together which may or may not be an issue for some. We wanted to sit together and decided to pay the extra for the return flight, but we couldn't do this online ourselves as we had to go through an agent at our destination. Not a big deal, except that after paying extra through our agent, we arrived for our return flight to find that the seats we paid for were not available...once again, they had put us in separate seats.

Our next issue was on a flight delay for our return trip. Now I'm aware that delays happen and as someone who flies a fair bit, I consider myself quite reasonable. While it sucks to sit at the airport for hours, when flying there's an inherent risk of wasting some time as a traveler. However, when that delay leads to unexpected out of pocket expenses, that is the risk that the airlines take and using reputable companies -- such as BA -- I am accustomed to them making amends.

We sat at our hotel waiting for our transportation to the airport (return flight) after checking with our Sunwing representative on the time. When the bus was 30min late we checked again with our rep, no news, just a late bus. After an hour, we asked that they check with the airline and that's when we learned of a 5 hour delay. We had already checked out but the hotel was gracious enough to allow us to continue to use their facilities.

The 5 hour delay turned into a 7 hour delay, which had us arriving in Vancouver just before 5am on a Sunday morning, rather than late Saturday night. At this time, there is no Skytrain service out to Surrey until almost 8am so we had to take an expensive cab ride.

Sunwing customer service was polite, but not very accommodating. They would not take my cab fare receipt and basically told me that all our inconveniences were part of the deal when flying. After a couple email exchanges and me sending our seat selection receipt, they did refund that but considering it was a service that was not rendered, I expected a refund.

All in all, I will not be giving my business to Sunwing for future vacations. And while this may be just one poor flying experience (and that is much too small a sample size to come to a sound judgement on Sunwing) I base this on the response I received from their customer service. Let's face it, there are lots of air carriers with these deals so at this time I would rather try someone else.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 1:00 am, December 11, 2012
Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunwing to cabo

If you like cramped aircraft who are constantly delayed or changing their schedule....go for it. My advice fly WestJet direct from Kelowna and make your own package.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
321 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunwing to cabo

we DID book westjet from kelowna - thanks but we came to our senses on our own. lol

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sunwing to cabo

We had an excellent experience flying out of Saskatoon last week - no complaints at all.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunwing to cabo

We live on Vancouver Island and almost always travel via Westjet or Sunwing. Both are our preferred airlines and have never had anything but positive experiences with both, Sunwing gives you a meal so that's nice but not personal tv's. Both offered great service.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunwing to cabo

I travelled with Sunwing this month and they were fine. Great deals with Canjet(air transat) for January from Vancouver for $98 plus tax return.

Price just went up $8 today so you might want to book quickly.

Chetwynd, BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: sunwing to cabo

Just flew Sunwing to Los Cabo...a little cramped and although there were TVs, no personal TVs but complimentary meals (unlike Westjet) and a direct flight. We didn't pre book our seats but still sat together (party of 4). Just before take off on our return a leak was detected so we had to wait 6 hours for another flight but they gave each passenger a $30 meal voucher which was fair and then comped drinks on the flight...so yes I would reccomend them and use them again!

Chetwynd, BC
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: sunwing to cabo

Just flew Sunwing to Los Cabo...a little cramped and although there were TVs, no personal TVs but complimentary meals (unlike Westjet) and a direct flight. We didn't pre book our seats but still sat together (party of 4). Just before take off on our return a leak was detected so we had to wait 6 hours for another flight but they gave each passenger a $30 meal voucher which was fair and then comped drinks on the flight...so yes I would reccomend them and use them again!

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo