We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group check in at Barcelo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Group check in at Barcelo

Hello,

I am traveling with a group of about 200 people for a wedding at Barcelo in late December.

We have transportation included but my concern is how long will it take to check in all these people once we get to the hotel.

I was wondering if it is better to take a taxi and get to the hotel earlier in order to avoid the rush? Or should I just wait for buses provided to us and get there with the rest of our group.

Do not want to wait to check in for an hour.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group check in at Barcelo

Wow! That's a big group! I think it would take considerable time to check everyone in. I wonder if everyone is on the same plane? Perhaps this group will be arriving over multiple days? In any case, taking a cab would definitely get you there faster than waiting for a bus to fill up with everyone. However, it will cost approx. $65 - $70 USD I believe. Going back to the airport only costs $30 USD. Has to do with the cost of the license to "pick up" at the airport, while anyone can drop off.

You can also arrange for a private car (Suburban) through Transcabo for $85. Driver will be waiting for you.

Have a great time!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,010 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group check in at Barcelo

Airport Cabo is listing a price of $45US for a one way private ride.

Here is a list of all the companies: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c129424 The prices are to Zone 3, but you'll be staying in Zone 1 so your price is lower.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group check in at Barcelo

we showed up last year here with 72 other ppl on a bus. They put us all in a conference room with prefilled out checkin cards with our room cards and a cold drink. A little welcome talk and we where in our rooms in 20 minutes, baggage brought up a little later. Carry a set of beach wear in your carry on, so you dont have to wait for it. With 200 ppl checking in at the time you could be waiting for your bags for a couple hours. Have fun and order 2 drinks at first cause with 200 ppl that second round might take a while, lol

4. Re: Group check in at Barcelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 17, 2013