We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
850 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

We just returned from Cabo (Club Cascadas) and visited SJ and the Tropicana (where we use to stay) for the day. We realized how much we love the Trop so we are making plans to return in May and stay at the Tropicana. I always start my research early and, since it has been 10 years since we stayed there, I have a few basic initial questions:

Is there a grocery store closer than Walmart and how much would a taxi be to Walmart?

We noticed that a lot of the restaurants we use to go to are closed now. What are recommendations for restuarants, seafood and mexican food? ( We will be eating at the Tropicana a lot also, we love their food!)

Can you do a day trip to Todos Santos?

Weather and humidity in late May?

Will the pool water still be 'refreshing' and not luke warm?

Thanks!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

There is a large new grocery called the Mega that will have everything that you could possibly want. It is located where the toll road to/from the airport meets Highway 1. You can catch a colectivo bus to the Mega for some change or it is probably a $5 cab ride. A road trip to TS is definitely doable. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be. May can be quite warm, but I don't think they heat the pool at the Tropicana so I would expect that it would still be refreshing.

There are a bunch of great restaurants in San Jose. I like some of the less expensive and generally less well known ones - in no particular order - Teo, Salsita's, Habaneros, Nana Rosa, Sardina Cantina, Guacamayas, The Hangman, Taqueria Rossy. Just a few to get you started. After all you've still got 7 - 8 months for more recommendations.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

You're not a bit early -- I often book my trips to our Worldmark timesharesl 13 months out!

We use the Mega store much more than Costco or Wal-Mart (usually stay in San Jose) -- especially like their bakery, meat, produce and liquor departments. For restaurants, Meson Del Angel, Habanero's, French Riviera Bakery and Cafe and La Dolce are favorites. A short taxi ride to the east end of the Corridor, Manuel's Creative Cuisine at the shoppes at Palmilla is our absolute Must stop each time we visit the area. It's one of our top five favorite restaurants anywhere in the world!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

Hi Pam... I will suggest a few to look at. Floras Field restaurant for an interesting meal on a working Organic farm..neat eaxperience. Cynthias Fresh restaurant in the Hotel zone next to Temptations. And Zippers on the beach with rock music and sometimes live bands for comfort food and wiggle your toes in the sand and watch the surf roll in.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
850 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

Thanks for all the great response! I am starting my 'bucket list' of restaurants now and will submite it at a later date for comment.

5. Re: I Know its Early - But I LIke To Get A Head Start

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo