We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Club Premium?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Club Premium?

My husband and I are looking at staying at the Barcelo for 10 days. From what I have read if we are not Club Premium we will only be able to get 4 a la carte dinners in that amount of time. I would like to book the Club Premium but the difference in price is amount $1500 when if go to book, which seems insane to me.

My questions is can you upgrade to Club Premium when you get the hotel? The only thing that we would use the Club Premium for would be the dinners. Or are you able to pay for more a la cartes? I read somewhere the you could upgrade to Club Premium for $35 but don't understand why the room would be showing for so much more then.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

Question for you, as I am not familiar with the program at Club Premium. If you don't upgrade to the Club Premium option, and don't spend the additional $1500, does that mean you have the flexibility of eating at the wide array of world class culinary options in the historic town of San Jose, within walking distance of your hotel? If so, hands down, I would not upgrade.

If this isn't really the case, when then......never mind. :-)

Edited: 11:53 am, September 19, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

I don't plan on paying the $1000 extra I was curios if you can pay the $35 that I had actually read some where. Why would I go and pay money to eat into town all the time when I'm at an all inclusive. The accountant in me says that would be a pretty poor financial decision

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

I am an accountant and I agree with Pantix. Why go all the way to Mexico to not see it and stay inside your resort? Maybe that's the American in me speaking.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

To each his own. I work hard and when I go on vacation I choose to be lazy.

I was asking a question about the premium club and was not asking for anyone else's advice on how to spend my vacation. If you can't answer the question I was asking why bother replying

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

My apologies sunw0rshipper. I mis-understood your question as I am not familiar with the Premium package. I thought that your all inclusive only included 4 dinners and you were asking whether you should pay for additional dinners. If you were having to pay more for additional dinners anyway, then I was suggesting to spend the same amount of money elsewhere.

Edited: 12:43 pm, September 20, 2012
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

It's called TripAdvisor, you were given some advice. My second piece of advice is to be a little more polite when you get there, you may have a better chance of getting a break.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

Sorry Pantix. I took your original comment as just trying to be cocky. Barcelo is all inclusive but you only get 4 a la carte dinners and the rest you would have to do buffet if you did not do the upgrade.

Since no one seems to know about upgrading when you get there I will just have to wait and see what we can do once we are there. And yes us polite Canadians do seems to get a lot further.

8. Re: Barcelo Club Premium?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo