We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn san jose

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
holiday inn san jose

We are a group of 8, arriving at the Holiday Inn on Nov 2nd for 2 weeks. We've paid for Gardenview rooms. Does that automatically mean 2nd floor? Is there any way of getting 3rd floor with balcony or even 1st floor with patio? extra charge? Speaking of 3rd floor, does every building have an elevator? (1 with hip replacement last year.)

Any evening entertainment here?

Also, is first week of Nov. too late for turtle rescue and whale viewing from the beach?

Replies / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday inn san jose

Hola and welcome to the San Jose forum!

Thanks for the opportunity to talk about my as I call it m'my other better home'I I will do my best to answer your questions and give you some suggestions from a repeat guests point of view. gardenview rooms generally are on the second floor and 3rd floor bacony or 1st floor lanai rooms are upgrades but well worth it in my opinion!!! As to elevators there ins one in the lobby and one in building 5 all the buildings are connected to each other so although there may be a bit of a walk it is easy to get to any room on any floor.

Entertainment: There is nightly entertainment in the lobby bar as well as the entertainment with the theme parties and I heard thru my grapevine that they were looking at possibly starting a jazz night type of thing in the Napa bar which I personally think would be awesome. You are going at the start of high season so there will be more entertainment offering then there is during the low season.

Turtles & whales: No you won't be too late for the turtle release it is an experience not to be missed, the turtle corral is over by the adult pool and if you happen to be sitting at Alma's bar (adult pool bar) you will see the corral and many times the security staff let you know if there is going to be a release.. Also many times I have sat at that bar and seen whales breaching as well as dolfins and I think they are called 'bat rays' as well as other fish jumping.

Santiago Silis #2 guy at the hotel will probably pop in and add other comments, as to the upgrades etc. as he watches the forum and pops in with excelent information.

Edited: 12:50 pm, September 14, 2012
San José del Cabo
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday inn san jose

Hi Dave!

Firstly thank you for choosing our Hotel! You'll have a blast during your stay!

As our dear friend Anita mentioned, for the room allocation I'm checking with our Front Desk staff to make sure you guys have the best rooms possible. Lanai rooms which are the nicest ones because they have a terrace with a very comfortable hammock are available paying an upgrade fee, but we can surely work on something for the third floor balcony rooms. I've already detected your reservations, so we'll set you up!

November is the beginning of the high season for the Hotel, so we'll start revving up the entertainment. We're actually planning to open a new Mexican cantina apart from our Lobby Bar. Our Chefs have also been working on new menus for our restaurants. You'll be some of the first guests who get to taste these new offerings!

Turtle release day for our guests is every Wednesday, so you'll have at least two opportunities to interact with the little hatchlings. It's an awesome thing! And the whales start swinging by Baja around that time too, so you might be lucky!

If there's anything else you need for your stay you can contact me directly at santiago_silis@grupopresidente.com .

Have a great day and we'll be waiting for you and your group!

Santiago Silis

Executive Assistant Manager

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday inn san jose

Thank you both for your quick replies. Just makes us more excited about our trip.

In regards to the elevators being in building 5 and the lobby. What are the building numbers closest to the lobby elevator? And can anybody recommend which buildings they prefer. with or without elevators.

Thanks

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday inn san jose

Oh I just love talking about this place.....

Buildings 1 & 3 are closest to the lobby elevator. My favorite building is building 1 facing the estuary, adult pool and pool bar, the view of the estuary and ocean are just wonderful and while you fell seculded you are still close to the center of things like the lobby and lobby bar, all the restaurants except Napa and the esplanade where many of the theme parties are held.and the activities pool. If you stay in building 1 and upgrade to a lanai room you will literally be steps to the adult pool bar and beach.

I can't wait to get back to my other better home with way better relatives!!!!!

Have a great time!!!!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,655 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday inn san jose

Here is an old map of the Holiday Inn (when it had its former name.) The buildings are numbered: wikimapia.org/…4 (I hope this works!)

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday inn san jose

Hi, This will be our 7th year. We always stay in building 1, lanai room. Just walk out your door and you have the best bartender ever, that would be Alma. The adult pool is very nice and relaxing. We are coming home home oct 26 and leave nov 3. Would love to meet you on nov 2nd, when u arrive. We will be at Alma's bar partying with an2jo2 and husband. We're kinda fun, u can't miss u! Enjoy and see u soon. We totally love this resort, and so will u.

Edited: 7:27 pm, September 17, 2012
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday inn san jose

lizzylou & an2jo2, we hope to meet you after our arrival and before you leave.

I have one more question to ask. Does the Holiday Inn have tables big enough for card games/dominoes for 8 people to play at.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday inn san jose

Hola Dave,

I know there are tables plenty big enough there to do what you want as to whether or not they are going to be where you want to play is another thing, but having said that I would bet that a quick conversation with Santiago or Raul when you get there would take care of that. We have in the past played cards in La Terraza (Outdoor restaurant) when they weren't serving in there and there are several tables n there that would easily accomodate 8 people.

As to meeting up I am sure someone there can point us out;-)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: holiday inn san jose

This entire thread makes me smile!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: holiday inn san jose

Dave, can't miss us, will be hanging out at Alma's bar. We're the ones that will be laughing, hope we don't get kicked out of the adult pool (ha-ha). I have seen people playing cards next to building 1, next to the adult pool. Can't wait to meet you guys!

Edited: 8:01 pm, October 04, 2012