We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Hey friends,

A last minute invite to Temptations this week - problem? I am a chubby girl and have no intention of going to pick-up men....look forward to sun, reading, mojitos :)...BUT, I have heard of this resort, looked at the website and how can I NOT be intimidated.

So, ego aside - here are my chubby-girl questions..

Will I be the only chubby chick there?

Will I look like I don't belong?

Muchas gracias!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

An invite? To a swingers club? Sounds interesting!

First, you will look fabulous! Second, it's possible you might be a target, being a single woman. I'm sure it is manageable. But if you have other options, Barcelo or the Holiday Inn might be better for you.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Holy Moly....You CAN NOT be intimidated because you just walk in there strut your stuff know you look good and always keep in the back of your mind what my grandma always said to me "heck honey you ever in your life seen a famous painting of a skinny woman, course not because all the famous painters know beauty when they see it" (ok maybe she didn't say heck but I don't think we are suppose to cus on the forum) There is a lot of good to be said about being voluptous...

Don't get hung up on all the crapola out there....go have a great time. Trust me even the skinny ones have things about themselves they don't like.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,468 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

an2jo2..........You must have had a pretty cool grandma...... I never had a grandma, But I do agree with an2jo2....You go Girl !!!! Plus size women are desired by many men, and highly respected in many cultures. An2jo2 I do think Mona Lisa was probably a skinny gal in her day, and Degas had a lot of famous paintings of thin women....... But I do get your Grandmas point......... She was a wise woman. We could have used more her advice on this site. : }

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Walk in, size up the place, then relax and strut your stuff. Remember, the key word here is "optional" so clothed are partial....kick back and have a great vacation.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

And from reading the reviews, I would definitely not call Temptations a swingers club, although some with that lifestyle stay there. Oh yeah, go and have a blast.

Edited: 3:06 pm, February 22, 2012
Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
73 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Try the website cancuncares as they have forum dedicated to temptations resort

Edmonton, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Thanks peeps! :P

Edmonton
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Too bad you aren't going on the 1st. You could have chilled with our group.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Good for you!

my husband wants to go there; not necessarily for me.

sounds like you have a great attitude and confidence - we all could use more of that!!! too much ridiculous stigma.

chin up girl, held up high!

enjoy YOUR well earned vacation.

Red Deer, Alberta...
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Temptations Resort - fat girls welcome?

Also visit temptation360.com

This is a site dedicated to this resort. Meet other visitors, read reviews, check out pics, etc.

I'm a skinny man so it may not mean anything to you, but if knew someone was giving a nice girl a hard time because of her size or appearance, i would probably high five them....in the face...with a chair.

Go.

Have a blast.

Be yourself.

Regret nothing.

Cheers!!