We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Granite City, IL
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Has anyone stayed at this particular hotel? Was wondering about the food there and swimming at the beach. Any info would be appreciated.

Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Myself and a bunch of friends are heading down to this resort next week. I have been reading a lot about this place and apparently it is not safe to swim at the beach. The feedback that I have read about the food ranges from average to fantastic.

I'll post my two cents worth when I get back.

I'm still trying to find out if there is a place to rent a guitar..........can't wait!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Deborah,

First, as Roody mentioned, coastal swimming in Los Cabos is fairly limited. Of the nearly 36 kilometers of coastline between San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, only about 3 kilometers are considered swimmable. This is due to the fact that you are at the tip of the peninsula, and virtually stuck out into the open ocean, and the coastline depths drop rapidly, hence creating a strong current and riptides. Nonetheless, the pools are quite inviting!

As for the food, we are always trying to improve in all areas of the resort, and as an all-inclusive property with six unique restaurantes, our goal is to provide a fully diverse menue variety which allows each of our guests to enjoy a selection of local as well as international flavors. We vary between buffets and menu service throughout the week at the different restaurants to allow the guests the option of service style and cuisine options. Being the GM of the property and not wanting to overstate the boundries of posting etiquette, I can only say that I quite frequently eat in the various restaurants on property to keep up on the quality and selection, and I must unfortunately admit that my waistline has not dropped not one inch, or centimeter for that matter.

We look forward to hosting you during your stay.

Michael Oney

General Manager

Presidente InterContinental Los Cabos

michael_oney@interconti.com

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Deborah,

I have stayed at the Presidente since it opened some 20+ years ago and since getting married 14 years ago with my husband, we go several times a year and believe me you won't go hungry, the food is wonderful and you have a great selection either with the buffet or at any of the other restaruants, and the fruit and veggies are very fresh. It is true you can't swin in the ocean by the hotel but there are a couple of places within a few miles that are ok for swimming. The hotel has 3 nice pools, 2 with swim-up bars and the adult (quiet) pool with a bar close to it. The staff is great at the hotel and I know you will have a great time.

nanaimo bc
Level Contributor
4 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Hello Deborah just got back tuesday. After staying formally at the solaris the presidente is the place to go There is no beach swimming the rip tide would take out the best swimmer but the 7 pools are bath warm and very clean the estuary is adult only secluded and lovley. book building one or two they are very quiet. The food was good for mexico. Much better than the other hotels as you can see their guests paying extra to eat at the presedente. roomservice is GREAT!! The staff is very friendly and really try to make your stay wonderful. Pay all tips in peso hotel staff can not exchange currancy without risking thier jobs They are paid $5.00 us for 12 day 6 days a week. Lots of shopping

5 mins to walk downtown very nice walk through the estuary of 50 peso by taxi ($5.00)

Boston...
Level Contributor
222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

As stated above, you should not swim in the ocean. There are a number of pools. My wife and I avoided Los Cabos because of the fact that it was not possible to swim in the ocean until we realized that we would only swim in the ocean for a few minutes a day and that there were more important things.

The food is good and plentiful. As with any all inclusive, you have to to pick and choose what you eat and there was always something at El Presidente at each meal. They have a number of restaurants and when you arrive you can look at the menus and then decide if you want to go to one of the "a la carte" restaurants or one with a buffet. Food in Los Cabos can be fairly expensive and so the all inclusive can save you a lot of money.

Ann Arbor, michigan
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

To the manager of the Hotel:

We are coming from Michigan the last week of March, booked through Apple, we arrive late in the day and leave late in the day after a weeks stay. They said there would be no problem having our rooms (2 rooms, there are 4 of us) until we leave, although check out is officially much earlier. I am concerned about the potential problem and conflict of check out. Can you let us know how we can avoid a problem and finish our stay without a conflict?

Thank you.

Granite City, IL
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Dear Mr. Oney,

My husband and I have similar arrival and departure times as Lakeshark2 from Michigan. If is possible to make late check-in and late departure arrangements? We will be staying at your resort 4/15 - 4/22. thank you for your earlier response to my post. It was both informative and very Considerate. We look forward to our stay.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

Lakeshark,

Thank you for brining this to our attention. Our check out time is officially 12noon. I do not understand how Apple could confirm you anything later in the guest room. We will of course be able to store your luggage should that be required, or offer you a late check-out for the fee of $50 USD additional. If you are a Priority Club member with InterContinental Hotels, there is an extended check-out until 2pm without fee, and for Ambassador Club Members until 4pm without fee. Although we try to be as flexible as possible, however, during the high occupancy periods, we are limited in the courtesy late check-outs in order to be able to prepare the house for the arrivals.

Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to write me directly with your specific flight information so that I may flag your reservation.

Regards,

Michael

michael_oney@interconti.com

micigan
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: El Presidente in Cabo San Lucas

We stayed there 2 yrs ago, nice hotel food is good but no swimming on the beach. My 2 negative things would be theirs is no night live in San Jose or the hotel and it is about a 30 min cab ride to downtown Cabo at 7 dollars per person each way or more. Also I felt the hotel monitored the amount of alcohol you might drink. We stayed at Riu last year and are returning there again in May. On a good note the shopping for the girls is better in Jose then Cabo they will dicker down a lot more.