We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

My friend is planning a vacation to San Jose and is interested in either Cabo Real or Royal Solaris. Can anyone give me any insight into which AI is better?

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

I don't know Cabo Real but our family thought Royal Solaris was "gross"...gross food, Reno (not Las vegas mind you)quality and style.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

Have stayed at both resorts (if the "Cabo Real" is the same resort as the Melia Cabo Real) and would have to agree with the previous poster......the food is pretty bad at the Solaris. The Solaris is a little nicer resort (newer) but the beach is often unsafe for swimming and the service wasn't all that great. The Melia Cabo Real sits on one of the safest swimming/snorkeling beaches in Los Cabos and the food is better than average, for an A.I. resort. The hotel rooms could use some refurbishing, but for my money, I'd stay at the Melia over the Solaris.

Gypsum, CO
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

We have stayed at the Royal Solaris three times and do not have one complaint. The service is outstanding and the food is just fine, although we are not picky like some.

msp
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

The service at this Hotel is superior!!!! Everyone smiles and are very helpful. Yeah, the food is the greatest, but I've been to several hotels in MEXICO and they all seem to have the same style and taste... The rooms are nice. The shower pressure is wonderful. It's a spendy cab ride into cabo though, about 35 bucks..just hang in the lobby and ask someone to share the cost of a cab ride...it's the same whether it's 2 people or 3 or 4 or 5... I believe most of the reviews on here that have been posted are unjust, Picky people who think that a vacation should be perfect in every way... I'd like to see how soome of these people live in their homes and if a few flys or misquito's are lying around, mexico just happens to have roaches...which I never saw a ONE at the Solaris!!!! I've seen more roaches at Wendy's in Dallas, Texas then I did in all of Cabo!!

msp
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

The service at this Hotel is superior!!!! Everyone smiles and are very helpful. Yeah, the food is the greatest, but I've been to several hotels in MEXICO and they all seem to have the same style and taste... The rooms are nice. The shower pressure is wonderful. It's a spendy cab ride into cabo though, about 35 bucks..just hang in the lobby and ask someone to share the cost of a cab ride...it's the same whether it's 2 people or 3 or 4 or 5... I believe most of the reviews on here that have been posted are unjust, Picky people who think that a vacation should be perfect in every way... I'd like to see how soome of these people live in their homes and if a few flys or misquito's are lying around, mexico just happens to have roaches...which I never saw a ONE at the Solaris!!!! I've seen more roaches at Wendy's in Dallas, Texas then I did in all of Cabo!!

msp
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

sorry, meant to say food isn't the greatest.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

The most frequent comment about Solaris that I have been told directly from vacation club guests is that the walls are thin and not well insulated, and that you can hear your neighbors. I have personally eaten at their Italian and Mexican restaurants and would say the food at both is a 3-4 out of 10. However, the breakfast buffet is much better. I am not affiliated with Solaris in any way, but as a writer I do talk to a lot of visitors.

Iowa
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

The food at Club Solaris is not good..we did not feel we got our $$$ worth at all..don't know about the other place..

Mexico City
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

CaboEditor, What about Melia Cabo Real?

Sausalito
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo Real or Royal Solaris???

Cabo Real is now called the Tesoro and is in downtown Cabo San Lucas (formerly the Plaza Las Glorias).

Royal Solaris is in San Jose del Cabo in the Hotel Zone.

For reviews of both, try www.allinclusivescabo.com or www.loscabosguide.com

Agree with Cabo Editor on the food at Royal Solaris but food at Cabo Real was not as good!