We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Shells

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Jose del Cabo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kingsley, mi
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sea Shells

Hi all.

You have given me such great info I thought I would ask another question. How are the beach's for beach combing? I love to collect sea shell and check out tide pools. Some beachs better then others? Thank you.

Alaska
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Shells

This is information I would like to find out about as well.

I plan on taking the "dirt track" they call aroad from SJD up around Cabo Pulmo all the way to Los Bariles. I hear the beaches are almost 100% free of people and that they stretch for miles and miles. I have no idea how easily accessable they are. I also hear that the road is rather trecherous.

I do know that you pass by Los Frailes and Cabo Pulmo which has North America's only living coral reef, so I imagine the shells on these beaches will be abundant.

I am leaving for Cabo in 10 days now!!

It was 14 deg F this morning and we had 4" of snow this weekend, so I am looking forward to a "thaw".

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Shells

Most of the beaches around San Lucas and San Jose don't have any shells except little tiny ones or partial shells because the surf is rough and they get beat up. Although I found some really great ones after a tropical storm once. But if you go off the beaten track along the east cape side toward Cabo Pulma you will find some great beaches with hardly any or no people and great shells. Part of the road is paved now but be careful it ends after about 15 miles and turns to dirt. Best to travel with a jeep especially getting of the beaten track and on to the beaches.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Shells

Most of the beaches around San Lucas and San Jose don't have any shells except little tiny ones or partial shells because the surf is rough and they get beat up. Although I found some really great ones after a tropical storm once. But if you go off the beaten track along the east cape side toward Cabo Pulma you will find some great beaches with hardly any or no people and great shells. Part of the road is paved now but be careful it ends after about 15 miles and turns to dirt. Best to travel with a jeep especially getting of the beaten track and on to the beaches.

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo