We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing and Families in Los Cabos area

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver
1 post
Save Topic
Surfing and Families in Los Cabos area

I'm looking for suggestions for nice (4* plus) places to stay in the Los Cabos area. We ahve never visited before so please mention where your recomendations are lcoated.

My husband and I would like to be near surfing (I'm a beginner and he is intermediate) we will have a car. We are bring our 7 and 5 year old daughters with us. In a perfect world the resort would ahve a kid's club/babysitting so we could both spend time surfing/hanging out together sans children:)

We like good food but can handle a "standard" room.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Costa Azul Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Surf in Cabo
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
La Bocana Surf School
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Mike Doyle Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing and Families in Los Cabos area

If you have a car, you can stay anywhere in the area that you like. It'll be a relatively short trip to the local surf spots. Probably somewhere near Playa Costa Azul (near San Jose del Cabo) would be convenient if you want to surf along the Gulf of California side. Suggestions might be the Palmilla, the Westin, the Hilton, or the Marquis. Check this link for locations of the resorts: http://loscabosguide.com/maps/corridlg.htm. If you're more interested in the Pacific side like Cerritos (check http://loscabosguide.com/cabosanlucassurfing.htm), staying somewhere closer to, or in, Cabo San Lucas would fit you're needs.

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo