We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early January Weather in Los Cabos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
jersey shore
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Staying at a timeshare in Los Cabos January 3-10, 2009. Are the days warm enough for swimming and sunbathing? Got a good deal, but will change if the weather is questionable.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

jersey,

the days are warm enough for swimming and sun bathing the nights can be chilly although not freezing so if you bring a hoodie or light jacket for the evenings you will be fine.

NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Did you ever go,I am thinking the end of January but i want to make sure it is warm enough

jersey shore
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

We went to Cabo last year (2008) in early February. The days were gorgeous in the high 70's and the nights were cool. You definitely need a sweater and slacks.

NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

ok I just wanted to make sure it was warm enough for sunning because usually I do an island which is hot.

I also understand the beaches arent very good and to rely on the pools which is fine but I am also looking for a really nice hotel, any suggestions

jersey shore
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Is this your first time in Cabo? Do you like nightlife?

We are splitting our time this year between 2 resorts. The first half will be on the Pacific side at Pueblo Bonito Holistic Spa. The other half will be at Sheraton Hacienda del Mar.

We stayed at the Sheraton HDM last February and spent mostly every day on the beach. The whales were extremely close to shore and entertained us every day. The Sheraton is not close to downtown area. If you are contented to stay on site, that's a good place. They do have a shuttle that takes you downtown for a slight charge. Downtown is fun, but we did not need to do that. We like golf and much rather spend the time golfing and relaxing in the evening.

Other hotels with a great beach but far from town (35 minutes) - One and Only Palmilla, Hilton, Westin Regina, Fiesta Americana. There are lots of hotels close to town; I just don't know their names. Send out a post about that!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,688 posts
123 reviews
6. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Lynnguz ~ post your hotel request in the Cabo san Lucas forum for more input. Be specific about your desires so folks can give appropriate suggestions.

NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Thank you and I will as soon as I get some time to post out there. No I dont party much, will go into town a couple of times but I look for more of the beach and specially the hotel. I am really fussy about the rooms and want a 4 or 5 star place, so thank you I will look into those. I noticed the Fiesta Americana and someone told me about dreams too

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
443 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

We go to Mexico (Cabo 2x) every year at the end of Jan and the weather is ALWAYS awesome-hot (but not killer)and we find that it is also less busy too! Great weather and great time! Enjoy!

NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Thats great thank you. if anyone out there has other hotel suggestions, let me know. I have never been there so i dont know what side to stay on or anything. I like resorts with stuff to do, good restaurants, gym, and a good beach which I know they dont really have but thats ok

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
443 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Early January Weather in Los Cabos

Personally I am partial to san Jose Del cabo. It's smaller, less party atmosphere and still close enough to get to Cabo. Love the town and love the people...We ahve stayed at the Grand Baja in the past (now the Barcelo) and Westin on the corridor-this coming year we will go to Cabo Azul in San Jose.

Wherever you go you will have a great time!

Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo
Recent Conversations