We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best website to book car rental in Cabos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best website to book car rental in Cabos

I keep hearing there's some good deals on booking car rentals on the web before going to Cabo. I looked on Dollar's website, no deals there. Anyone have any suggestions, as I read that 1 person found $15 per day? Thanks

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best website to book car rental in Cabos

We rent from AVIS by calling their international desk. The rates Avis quotes you include the required Mexican liability insurance (you absolutely must buy it--no exceptions--Mexican law requires it). Other quotes you get will not include the required liability. The liability runs about $7.00 a day (though not all of the companies charge the same amount), so figure that addition in as you compare prices. Our small car was $150 for the week (and that was including the insurance).

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best website to book car rental in Cabos

Try www.arac.com. No prepayment and have had good luck with Advantage.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best website to book car rental in Cabos

We rented from Alamo. Rented a full-size, which was a VW Jetta (full size?). Cost with insurance, liability only, was $250.00 for a week. Manager there roped us into going on a timeshare deal for $150.00 off the car. It was time consuming, but was a nice trip and we saved $150. I'd probably do it again.