We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I swim at One and Only or no?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Scottsdale, AZ
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I swim at One and Only or no?

Please let me know!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,576 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I swim at One and Only or no?

It's not listed as having a swimming beach, but I have not stayed there, so can't swear to that.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I swim at One and Only or no?

Jeannette - I have not stayed at this resort and have no first hand knowledge of the beach. According to the Visit Los Cabos publication (2004), the resort is "steps away from a cove that provides safe ocean swimming and snorkeling."

Chatham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I swim at One and Only or no?

I looked into this as i'll be there in a couple weeks, and i found out that there is a public swimming beach right near palmilla which i think the resort will say is its swimmable beach, but it is open to anyone and is not serviced by the resort

California
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I swim at One and Only or no?

Yes, you can swim at the One and Only. But here's the deal. First let me say I have never stayed here, just visited the property because I stay at less expensive hotels. I love having happy hour at the bar and watching the sunset. If I had the cash, I would stay here. At the main pool area, overlooking the beach is an area you can swim, but it is not an wide open beach and you have to wade inbetween rocky areas. And if there is any kind of surf, forget about it. Within the Pamilla resort area is a better swimming area, but you either have to walk, or get a ride by a golf cart. This area is located just south/east of the panga boat launch area. And it is really not that far. But it is not next to the old and new wings of the resort. It on the other side of the little jetty and is protected by the surf and it is totally mellow for little kids. It seems this beach area was developed for the homes. I have been going to the Los Cabos for over 25 years.

Taxcutter taxcut22@email.com