We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
4 posts
Save Topic
Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

Hi all,

Has anyone stayed at both resorts?

Looking to book a few weeks out,

but not sure which to go with!

I know paradisus has kids, but I'd look into booking the Royal service room - with adults only..

While marquis is adults only.. Paradisus has its own beach area that is swimable, so I want to take that into consideration.

I've also learned there is some construction work being done next door @ Marquis. So I'm a little hestitant to book there.

Has anyone done royal service @ paradisus?

My main concern is dining and drinks!! Lol.

How are the options at these two resorts? Top shelf?? Non watered down drinks?? And hours.. does anyone know from experience? I would want to be able to have snacks and drinks until midnight.

Also, I would really like a room with a view. so considering that both resorts offer ocean view,

which is better in your opinion??

Thanks for any replies!!

7 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,631 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

There is no such thing as a watered down drink. Granted some drinks have a heavy pour. If thats what you want ask for a couple of shots on the side. Then just add them as you feel necessary.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

Just got back today from Paradisus. Stayed Royal Service. Absolutely loved it. I have been to a lot of all inclusive resorts and this is one of my favorites. Royal Service was key for me though. Better room location and the adult only lounge, restaurant and pool really enhance the stay. I picked this resort because of the swimmable beach and we went in every day. Water temp today was great. Saw some fish. It is a small roped off area but still nice. Thought the food and service in Royal Service and throughout resort was top notch. Already thinking about going back.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
50 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

We have done both. I'd probably rate Paradisus a bit higher, but service (when we went last year) varied greatly. You can check out my recent review of Paradisus for all the details. While it does have a swimmable beach, it isn't huge. We are going to try Grand Velas this April - which I have heard is a foodie paradise.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
146 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

Grand Velas - Is amazing!!!!!! Enjoy

California
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

We decided on going to Marquis, so we are here now!

Will look into booking paradisus next trip to compare. :)

Thanks for all the replies!

California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

Thanks for the reply Rocky!

I was specifically worried about having cheap alcohol that has come up in the news about tainted alcohol within resorts leading to black outs, death, etc.

I have also previously bought liquor from the airport in Mexico, and it was literally a watered down bottle.

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

West Bloomfield...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??

Hi- was just reading this as we just booked to come next month! But I had the same interest regarding food and drinks. How was your experience? Thanks in advance!

Reply to: Foodies @ Paradisus or Marquis??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo