We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,611 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

It's Art Walk Time!

Thursday is the first San Jose gallery district art walk of the new season. That's when they close off the streets and people lurch from gallery to gallery. It's a big street party, and many galleries hand out a free cup of wine and maybe some munchies. Often there is live music.

This year will be a bit challenging to get to as the downtown part of San Jose is torn up with construction. We recommend you go way around, on Centenario St, the street that runs parallel to the main drag, or come from the fourlane by going down the street from the traffic circle at the Pemex. Otherwise you will be caught up in the construction closures, as there are no signs, no cones, no cops to redirect you. But it's worth it. Once you're parked, it's like a classy street party.

www.artcabo.com

8 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Thanks for the posting Rocky.

It will be a good one too as it is also Day of the Dead, so there should be much celebration and altar displays.

San Diego
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

The site isn't up to date. We'll be in town on the 9th; will there be one then?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Every Thursday from now till June

http://www.artcabo.com/art-walk.html

United States
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Rocky...we will be spending some time at Casa Natalia....can you tell me where the construction is relative to this hotel...I am hoping we are not right in the middle of it! Thanks.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,611 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Gene....The construction is on the Square. And yes, Casa Natalia hotel has a great location in that area.

Others who are there now will give you some feedback.

Map of your Hotel and the Square is in the Link Below.

https:/…MAPVIEW

United States
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Rocky...thanks for the info...from some of the comments they are saying it should be finished by Dec. 17th but from what they are saying I don't think that will happen...we are coming jan. 10th and am thinking of not staying right there but rather just go to Esperanza which is where we will be for 4 nights...I can tell you I get more than enough construction near where I live at home...not too excited about it on vacation. Does it look close to completion to you? Not sure if you are there now or not. Thanks.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

Was recently and it is moving along very quickly - they are working day and night. It will be beautiful when it is finished. When we arrived the hotel road was chewed up on one side all the way into town square. That is all finished and now the other side is chewed up but just the section in town. If they finish it as quickly as they did the other I’d be surprised if it wewen’t finished by Jan. 10. I would be shocked if the town square where Casa Natalia is located wasn’t finished as it is well under way. BTW: it hasn’t stopped the locals from gathering and enjoying the local entertainment that is often showcased in town square. We saw two performances on the main stage on different nights when we were there - a tap dance group and mariachi band. And another dance group was practicing one evening.

Edited: 9:07 am, November 18, 2017
United States
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017

thank you Pantix...that is a bit more optimistic and I assume they will do all possible to be done by the holidays.

Reply to: Its ART WALK Time. First ART Walk Tonight Nov 2 nd 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo