We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBB Car Rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
BBB Car Rental

I was anxious about renting a car in Mexico based on what I'd read online--insurance, surprise fees, inflated costs, added charges...--but Sagi at BBB rentals was delightful to work with. Emailed him with an inquiry, he instantly answered at length--with quotes. We booked a car, they paid for our cab to the office AND dropped us off back there at the end of the trip. The car was not new, but very clean, and worked great. They offered directions and a map at pick up... everything was wonderful.

And, Sagi is a total babe! ;)

21 replies to this topic
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BBB Car Rental

I recently rented a car from BBB Car Rental at the airport in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico. It was an excellent experience start to finish thanks in no small way to my dealings with the co-owner, Sagi Walk. The initial quote was clear and precise (and competitive), Sagi was very responsive to my questions, and the car he gave us was in great shape but it fit in well with what the locals were driving and did not stand out as a rental car which we liked. If I go back to a San Jose del Cabo you can be sure I will be renting from BBB again - they're really good, and even picked up the cab fare from the airport to their office.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BBB Car Rental

Why is it that almost all BBB car rental posts are made by first time poster??? Hmmmm.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BBB Car Rental

BBB Best Bet By far at the Cabo Airport..... what an excellent operation. Their cars are very clean and they have excellent service. Will definitely use BBB again next time in Cabo.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BBB Car Rental

After a terrible experience with one of the nationals (insurance, $2500 deposit, $5 per day car turning into a $75 per day car) I was pleased to find BBB rentals and Sagi - helpful, friendly and efficient from start to finish! Quoted me a flat price including insurance and any other items - straight up information without all the nonsense -

We came in after they closed and left before they opened - he had all the processes to get your car after hours - super easy -

highly recommend BBB - you are not getting the newest cars but no issues for me - blended in better- its Baja... right?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BBB Car Rental

Nothing wrong with them asking folks to post about their experience. It is great advertising. Some rental companies are NOT good experiences. If I owned a business I would certainly ask folks to post. I take it you do not like BBB. Jealous???

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,650 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BBB Car Rental

I have also used BBB and found them to be excellent. The car price is as quoted. NO Timeshare pitch at the office. They are polite, quick and speak excellent english . You can call them at their web site phone number and speak to them directly too.

www.bbbrentacar.com

We also had a great experience with ACE. E-mail: Luis.cesena@mexrentacar.com

Ace has new cars at great prices also a dream to deal with.

Perhaps the most fun renting a vehicle at the SJD airport is with Dominic. He is another wonderful option to rent a car from. His quick wit and easy going nature make it easy to love this guy. He is very trustworthy and he goes the extra mile if you have any problems while in Los Cabos. He is usually priced a little higher but makes up for it with a free full tank of gas ($50) value that you can return close to empty. Web Site:

www.dominicloscabos.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BBB Car Rental

Renting from BBB Car Rental was great. I am very happy I found info on the best companies to rent from in San Jose. I sent three of them emails, described the vehicle I needed and asked for quotes. Once I accepted BBB's quotes, I was sent a confirmation and instructions on what taxi company to look for on exit from airport. It was exactly as Sagi said and we arrived at BBB in approximately 5 minutes. Lille finalized our contract and off we went. There was no attempt to sell additional coverage the way it is at US airport car rental places. I didn't have phone service during my visit, so I emailed BBB twice and they responded immediately. Sagi Walk greeted me when I returned the car. He came out to meet my family, thanked me for the business and wished us a good trip back to US. I definitely recommend them as the rental car company to use,

Longmont, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: BBB Car Rental

My family of 6 visited the Cabo area in October and rented a large SUV to accommodate everyone. Our experience with BBB was great. The communication before arrival was thourough, prompt and polite. The car we reserved was the car we received, at the price we agreed to! BBB is moments from the airport, Sagi and Adriana are friendly and professional. We would definitely rent here again.

St. Albert, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BBB Car Rental

what is that supposed to imply? I had great service and have rented all over mexico at some pretty shady places - BBB was not.

Wells, Minnesota
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: BBB Car Rental

I have rented cars in several Mexico destinations over the past 10 years. BBB was by far the most seamless transaction I have ever experienced. We did our business 100% via email, he provided a confirmation number without having to give a credit card. He was up front about entire cost including insurance options without making you feel confused or bamboozled. I appreciate that he also was clear with insurance options for their 15 passenger vans which were readily available. The return to airport process was the most efficient and painless experience I have ever had. We pull up, an employee jumped in and then dropped us off right at the door. Amazing Experience, we will be back!

Reply to: BBB Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo