We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
South Surrey...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Cabo

Hi. Looking to stay in the cabo area with our two boys 9&17. Best place to stay?? Cabo or Los Cabos? Is the Grand Baja good for kids? Do they have one bedroom suites?

We went to Puerto Vallarta last time and stayed at the Velas vallarta wich was great but want more kid things to do at the hotel this time. Any help wold be good. Thanks

Myrna

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
3,908 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Cabo

Look into the Villa del Palmar. Large pool area, water slide, etc. San Jose is less "gringo fied" and has some good shopping, Cabo is trendy and filled with tourists, but still a great holiday. There are plenty of things to do in both and in between! ATV's, horseback riding, papasailing, snorkeling, boose cruises, you name it! Take a day trip to Todos Santos for lunch at Cafe Santa Fe! Fantastic, and charming-go look at the Hotel California-always good for a picture to send home. There is as much to do there as you want, or you can just kick back and relax. I always stay at either Playa Grande or Solmar to be close to town, yet not be in the thick of it! Walk in if I want, or not. Great little places to eat and shop. I go twice a year at least, and love it!

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Cafe Santa Fe
Cafe Santa Fe