We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo rental help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
37 reviews
24 helpful votes
Condo rental help

Hi everyone. We are looking at renting a condo in Cabo for the week between Christmas and New Years. Any advice on your favorite places? I've only ever done all inclusive but we want to try a condo but I have no idea where to begin. I'd love a beachfront condo with the most swimmable beach possible (for Cabo anyway). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Washington State
Level Contributor
75,481 posts
139 reviews
138 helpful votes
1. Re: Condo rental help

Hi 007Diva

Most of the resorts on swimmable Medano Beach and lovely unswimmable Solmar Beach are timeshare resorts. The exact same rooms are "owned" by the timeshare owner for a week and rented out by the hotel. All have daily maid service. Most have a partial kitchen.

Check out this topic in the Top Questions on the right: "Resorts: Which resorts are beachfront?" Read about renting a week from a timeshare owner (no taxes!)

Prices will be a bit higher as this is the most popular week to be in Cabo, but it will be fun. Consider Casa Dorada, Pueblo Bonito LosCabos / Blanco, and PB Rose. Those are swimmable & close enough to town to walk.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
37 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Condo rental help

Thank you Pacific! We stayed at the Riu Palace last time but would like a condo this time. Plus we went in Sept and the weather was brutally hot. Hopefully not in Dec! haha

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Condo rental help

I think what Pacific is trying to tell the OP that there are NO Beachfront Condo's on a swimmable beach in Cabo and offered the OP alternatives. There are Condo suites available in Cabo of course but not beachfront which is a requirement of the OP.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
37 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Condo rental help

Close would be good too :)

Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
10 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Condo rental help

Condominium - "Single, individually-owned housing unit in a multi-unit building." Using that definition there are at least two on Medano Beach - Hacienda Beach Club and Residences and Villa La Estancia.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Condo rental help

For Condo I was thinking more like Puerta Cabos Village Condo.

tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentalReview-g152515-…

Hacienda Beach Club and Residences Might be what the Op is thinking of not sure.

http://www.haciendacaboresort.com/

Edited: 12:49 am, July 03, 2015
Washington State
Level Contributor
75,481 posts
139 reviews
138 helpful votes
7. Re: Condo rental help

Some folks say "condo" and they mean timeshare rental. Some say "condo" and they really mean condo. Without knowing more about what the OP wants, I went with the piece that seems most important: beachfront on swimmable beach.

The advantage to a true condo rental is that the renter can pick the dates. (Another advantage for some folks is the full kitchen.) Timeshare rentals are usually a week. But timeshare rentals can be a really good deal for a beachfront room! For example, it's around $1,100 to $1,400 asking price for a suite at the PB Blanco or Rose for the week beginning Dec 28.

Plymouth, California
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Condo rental help

Check out Marina Sol thru VRBO, it's not on the beach but a 5 minute walk to the Office and about 15 minute walk to town. They are private owned so you won't have to worry about timeshares and you can arrive on any day.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Condo rental help

We always stay at Misiones in the corridor. Away from downtown but close enough to drive there along with Santa Maria and Chileno. We rent from a private owner and have the most amazing views!! I love the location.

http://www.vrbo.com/46276

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
100 reviews
148 helpful votes
10. Re: Condo rental help

There are true condos at Plaza Nautica. It is located on the marina, not far from the beach. I have seen listings on VRBO for units there. I think they are mainly two bedroom units though. There are actually a lot of listings on VRBO for 'real' condos but very few are beachfront as those are mainly timeshare condos.