We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aug/Sept Vacation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Aug/Sept Vacation

Help, my fianc��e' and I are trying to plan our honeymoon for the last week of August and the beginning of September. If anyone has visited Cabos during these months can you comment on the weather? I read that it's the stormy season but I thought because of hurricanes it might be better to visit the pacific side of Mexico during these months.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

The Pacific side gets hurricanes also, but infrequently! It will be hot and probably humid! Cabo is GREAT!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

Thanks, Cabo looks wonderful so I hope we get great weather while we are there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

eckst91,

KatD should know, after all she was married on the beach as the sunset! doesnt get much better than that. I thi9nk you will be fine as far as weather goes. Cabo is very low on the list of Hurricane hits. Go, enjoy your honeymoon in paradise and congratulations or condolences as the case may warrant!(just kidding) jim

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

September is hurricane season so the weather may not be that great. Cabo didn't get a direct hit the last time a hurricane came through, but sure wouldn't have wanted to be there in the wind/rain. That's not what I'd want on my honeymoon (or even my regular vacations). Good luck, though!

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

Cabo will be HOT!!!!......The pacific resorts, Puerto vallarta, mazatlan etc, will be hot and humid. Yes, it is the middle of hurricane season but rarely do they strike Cabo....3 in the last 10 years I believe. Cabo would be your best bet especially if you like fishing,,,,Peak fishing season!

Cabo_nut

Goleta, CA>
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

I've traveled to Cabo several times in August and September and haven't experienced any hurricanes, just a few thunderstorms that passed through overnight. It is hot though, and very humid. But, you are on vacation so it's great! It's not crowded, the water is warm and I think it would be a wonderful place to honeymoon!

Congratulations!

Cabogal

RI
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

I am in exactly the same situation ... trying to plan a honeymoon for the first week in Sept. and definitely want to try to avoid hurricanes!! Any recommendations for where to stay in Los Cabos?? Thx.

Goleta, CA>
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

To MUSICALINRI

Go to website ALLABOUTCABO.COM and click on the MEXICO Weather and you can keep track of whats going on tropically. You can follow the storm tracks etc... That's what we do. So far so good.

As for a place to stay, it depends on how much you want to spend. Some like to go cheap cuz they don't spend much time in the room and want to go to the beach every day and venture out.

Others want to have a very nice place to stay and spend lots of time in their room or at the pool.

I've gone cheap and have stayed at Casa Rafael's many times. It's very Mexican, no TV, pool is very small. They have a great restaurant, and only 10 rooms. very charming, but not a resort.

Great location(steps from Medano Beach).

I've also stayed at Marina Fiesta, Melia Cabo Real, and Plaza Las Glorias (now called something else). I don't recommend Plaza Las Glorias. The others were decent. Someone else probably knows more about the higher end places. Anyone?

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

I would suggest either Pueblo Bonito resort...the Rose' or blanco, Cascades is also nice.....much smaller. Thses resorts are right on Medano beach and have very nice rooms and walking distance to town. The Playa grande resort is on the Pacific side and has incredible sunset views...It is a very nice place....just finished some major additions. Those would be my suggestions....The Playa grande is also walking distance to town.

Cabo_nut

CV
Scotts Valley...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Aug/Sept Vacation

Don't the PB Los Cabos and Rose only have 2 double beds in the rooms? Not really conducive to a honeymoon I would imagine.