We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer prices????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfer prices????

I would love to arrange a private transfer for our trip in May, but they are so much more expensive that the van services. Does anyone know a reliable source that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer prices????

KatD,

Just for fun look at cabogetaways.com you are right its a lot more expensive, but what the hell ,you only go around once! If you dont rent a car how will you get to Art and Beer on the way to Todos Santos? jim

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer prices????

We usually just get a car for the day any more, but I thought it might be nice to have a private transfer from and to the aeropuerto....though, it would be better to save that money to spend on the trip to Todos and Art and Beer!!! problem solved!

There is a condo at TerraSol (studio) for about $135,000-think I should at least take a look? I would probably have to sell my kid to finance it, but hey-it's a thought. ;-)

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfer prices????

KatD,

Its always worth a look. Im interested in whats going to happen in SJD when the new marina is finished. Could be some fantastic opportunities for someone with vision! jim

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfer prices????

KatD,

I cant decide if we should get a car or not. If I understand this right if I am getting quoted $150 for the week, by the time I add insurance it will double? Also if I have to put 10% down for the value of the car and they will hold that on my cc?

Thanks

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfer prices????

KayD. Give me some info on your kid, age, ability to cook, and does He or She wash windows, and would they be willing to drive a car wearing a black hat with me in the back. If the answer to ALL of these are yes, I might want to make an offer.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transfer prices????

Trapper,

He is 30, single, has been a chef-is now a waiter that can tend bar. Probably won't do windows, but I'm sure the black hat and you seated in the back would be NO PROBLEMA! We may have a deal here ;-)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transfer prices????

Sandy, I am going to post an article from the Sunday paper on car rentals. It may help.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transfer prices????

Trapper-He's kinda cute-loves to snowboard and surf also! We could maybe make it a package deal-he has a really cute girlfriend that may do windows! ;-)

Let me know-he just may be available for awhile before he heads back to Costa Rica next winter.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private transfer prices????

Trapper-was it that he doesn't do windows? thought I had a deal going ;-)

Galena, IL
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Private transfer prices????

Kat D-

my wife and I paid $60 US for a private suburban that holds up to 5 people with Angeles Payen @ Terra Mar destination services. It was round trip and straight to our hotel. Would do it again in a heartbeat.