We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 day fishing trips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milford...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1/2 day fishing trips

Hi,

We will be in Cabo in mid May. Would be interested in doing a 1/2 trip. I get extremely seasick (even with med) and my husband is partically handicapped.

Would like to try some fishing. This would be my first time.

Any suggestions and websites are welcome.

Thanks!!

Chatham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

Jim, this question will show my greeness when it comes to fishing, but what is the difference between offshore & inshore? Is inshore just closer to the coast?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

bullet,

Yep thats a simple but accurate way of saying it. Some large pelagic fish are only caught in offshore waters, other species near shore. Its more an issue of what they prefer to eat and the availability of their food source, water temp. etc. Here in the mid-atlantic it is not unusual for us to travel 60 to 80 miles offshore for billfish and tuna. Mainly because the gulfstream ( a river of warm water running through the cooler Atlantic ocean) is not as close to our coast line as it is in Florida etc. In warmer tropical/semi-tropical waters everything is different than it is here. The type of food fish have to eat etc.

In Cabo a run of 30 miles is a long run. Here its 1/3 of the way sometimes. We burn a lot of Diesel. jim

Escondido...
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

Just my two cents. From all I have heard, and I do a lot of fishing on party boats, the patch is best. I have seen people take Dramimine that would have been better off jsut getting sick. I have also heard of a new product that is an electronic bracelet that goes around the wrist that is suppose to work great.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

I have had guest on my boat who used the braclet with some success. Still, its hard to beat the patch unless there is some medical reason which is indicated. Some people sau ginger pills, ginger ale work too. There are any number of over the counter remedies which may or may not work. I figure if the patch (scopolomine) works for the shuttle crew it must be some good stuff. Tight lines, jim

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

I see that www.Redrum.com offers half day fishing trips in Cabo, and is highly recomended on this site. I was thinking of this myself, as I dont think I would be into fishing all day.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

Kay,

The 42 ft boat RedRum had to run half day charters was destroyed during the hurricane last year and has not been replaced. I recommend RedRum, but if you want to fish for only half day you may want to consider going to SJD and going on a panga out of LaPlayita. These are 6 hour trips and leave at 6:30am. The cost is 180.00 to 220.00$ u.s. for the boat ,20.00$ for live bait and a respectable tip for the Capt. Truely i think a full day out of Cabo is the way to go. You get so much more out of it than just the fishing. On your way out you will pass by El Arco and LandsEnd and you will see sealions, perhaps whales(depending on when you go) schools of porpoise, stingrays that leap out of the water and a unique view of the mountains as they pour into the ocean. A bad day fishing is better than the best day at work! jim

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

taughtmerchant, do you have heathers email address at redrum to contact her

thanks

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: 1/2 day fishing trips

You can contact Heather via their web page redrumcabo.com please mention to Heather i refered you. Thanks and good luck, jim