We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring My Tequila Home?!?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
STL
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bring My Tequila Home?!?

Okay, with the new restrictions on Carry-on luggage, has anyone found a good way to pack or get bottles home in check-in luggage??

Thanks

Dave <----74 days and counting!!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

Roll 'em in T-shirts and keep bottles away from each other. The worst thing you can do is have glass-on-glass.

Dingway

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

Bubble wrap is the best. I bring stuff home from Mexico all the time, even a sink. Good luck

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

We brought home 4 bottles wrapped up in Mexican blankets in a checked suitcase. We asked for a FRAGILE sticker at the airport and all of our bottles made it safely home.

With the restrictions lifted today on liquids aboard the aircraft you should be able to 'check' your bottles with the airline when you get on the plane and check them out when you depart the plane.... I didnt' read if there were any size or quantity limits on what they will allow you to check.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

Actually as of today you may only bring liquids in 3 oz bottles or containers at the largest and all of them must fit into a clear ziplock bag not larger than a quart.

This will only allow us to bring small quantites of toiletry items. Not much of an improvement but at least we can bring toothpaste!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

The couple we were traveling with bought a bottle of tequila at the duty free at the airport....but they wouldn't let him have it til he was ready to board the plane and handed it to him as he passed the ticket agent at the door heading out to the plane

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

Also as of today, you can now bring duty free booze in your carry-ons again (any liquids purchased beyond security).

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

househunter & johann&sandra, thanks, good to know the specifics, I hadn't gotten a chance to check the details of today's news lifting some of the restrictions on liquids.

8. Re: Bring My Tequila Home?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 23, 2009